|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Prayers and Songs > Songs of Vaishnava Acharyas > Hari dasa|
Song 1 (Kamoda-raga)
1. iha kali-yuga dhanya nityananda shri-chaitanya
patita lagiya abatara
dekhi jiba bada dukhi haiya sa-karuna ankhi
hari-nama ganthi dila hara
2. nija-guna prema-dhana dila gora jane jana
patitera age dana kare
nija bhakta sange kari phire prabhu gaura-hari
yaciya yaciya ghare ghare
3. jada pangu andha yata pashu pakhi ara kata
kandayala nije prema diya
prema saba matta haiya anna jala teyagiya
phire tara naciya ga-iya
4. hena prabhu na bhajinu janamiya na marinu
hara-inu nityananda nidhi
kahe hari-dasa chara kona gati nahi ara
hena yuge bancita kaila bidhi
1. Kali-yuga is a fortunate and glorious time for then Lord Chaitanya and Lord Nityananda descend to this world to save the fallen souls. With compassionate eyes seeing the suffering fallen souls the two Lords string a jewel-necklace of the holy names.
2. Because His very virtuous Lord Gaura gives away the great treasure of spiritual love. Going from person to person He gives every fallen soul the gift of this treasure. Accompanied by His devotees Lord Gaura-Hari goes from house to house begging and begging everyone please to accept His gift.
3. To everyone even to the fools the lame and the blind He gives His gift of ecstatic spiritual love. Now everyone becomes wild with ecstatic spiritual love. Turning away from food and drink they sing and dance.
4. I did not worship a Lord that was so kind. I was born. Not yet have I died. I was cheated of the treasure Lord Nityananda brought. Krishna dasa who is worthless like a pile of ashes says: I have no hope but Him. Even though it is the auspicious Kali-yuga destiny still cheated me of this treasure.