|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Prayers and Songs > Songs of Vaishnava Acharyas > Hari-vallabha dasa|
Song 1 (Suha-i-raga)
1. (Refrain) shyamera tanu aba gaura-barana
gokula chodi aba nadiya a-ola
bamshi chodi kiratana
2. kalindi-tata chodi surasarit-tate
abahum karata bilasa
aruna-barana dora-kaupina aba
chodi pita-dhada basa
3. bame nahata aba ra-i sudha-mukhi
braja-badhu nahata niyade
gadadhara pandita phirata bame aba
sada sa-e bhakata bihare
4. chodi mohana cuda shire shikha rakhala
mukhe kahata rara rara
kahe hari-ballabha teracha cahani
du-nayane galata dhara
1. (Refrain) He whose body was dark now has a fair complexion. Leaving Gokula He came to Nadiya. Putting down His flute He now sings the holy names.
2. Leaving the Yamuna He came to the Ganga's banks. There He enjoys pastimes. Putting down His yellow garments now He wears the saffron cloth of a sannyasi.
3. Sweet-faced Radha is no longer at His left. The vraja-gopis are no longer around Him. Now Gadadhara Pandita is at His left. Now He always enjoys pastimes with His devotees.
4. He abandoned His glorious hair. Now He wears a shikha. With His mouth He now loudly calls the holy names. Hari-vallabha says: Turning away from crooked playful glances He now makes flooding rivers of tears flow from His eyes.
Song 2 (Shri-raga)
1. prathame bandiya gaha gauranga gosa-i
advaita nityananda bine ara gati na-i
2. karuna-nayana-kone eka-bara dekha
apana janera jana kari more likha
3. paya dhari daya kari tare hena na-i
parihara patita dekhiya saba tha-i
4. yeba jana pana kari la-ila sharana
svapane nayane mane nahi darashana
5. dayamaya katha kaya hena keba ache
mu-i papi nibediya kaya pahum pache
6. dante ghasa karo ashaya mora ha'ye
ballabha dasiya kaya baishnabera paya
1. First I shall bow down. Then I shall sing. I sing that Lord Gauranga Gosa-i Lord Advaita and Lord Nityananda are my only shelter. I have no shelter but Them.
2. O Lords please place Your glance of mercy upon me. Please write that I am the servant of Your servants.
3. I grasp Your feet. Please be merciful to me. There is no one like You. Casting a glance on the fallen souls of every place You deliver them all.
4. You give shelter to anyone who approaches You. With my eyes in my heart or in my dreams I have not seen anyone like You.
5. Who speaks kind words the way You do? O Lords I a poor sinner place a request before You.
6. Placing a blade of grass between my teeth I place my request before You: Please place this Vallabha dasa always at the Vaishnavas feet.