|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Prayers and Songs > Songs of Vaishnava Acharyas > Govinda Ghosa|
Song 1 (Pahida-raga)
1. gora gela purba-desha nija-gana pa-i klesha
bilapaye kata parakara
kande debi lakshmipriya shunite bidare hiya
dibase manaye andhakara
2. (Refrain) hari hari gauranga biccheda nahi sahe
punah se-i gora-mukha dekhiya ghucibe dukha
ekhana parana yadi rahe
3. shacira karuna shuni kandaye akhila prani
malini prabodha kare taya
nadiya nagari-gana kande tara anukshana
basana bhushana nahi bhaya
4. suradhuni-tire ya-ite dekhiba gauranga pathe
kata dina habe shubha dina
canda-mukhera bani shuni judabe tapita prani
gobinda ghoshera deha kshina
1. Now that Lord Gaura has gone ot East Bengal His close associates suffer. How many ways do they lament? Anyone who hears Lakshmipriya-devi weep feels his heart break in two. He feels daylight had suddenly become blinding darkness.
2. (Refrain) Alas! Alas! She cannot bear separation fro Lord Gauranga. If once again she saw Lord Gaura's face then all her sufferings would perish. Then her life's breath would remain in her body.
3. Hearing Shaci's laments every living being weeps. Malini tries to console her. The ladies of Nadiya weep moment after moment. Their garments and ornaments no longer seem glorious to them.
4. How many days must pass before the auspicious day comes the day when they see Lord Gauranga walk on the path by the Ganga's banks? Hearing words come from His moonlike face the living entities will find their burning sufferings turn into cooling bliss. Alas! Now that Lord Gaura is absent Govinda Ghosha's body has become emaciated wasted away.
Song 2 (Sindhuda-raga)
1. kanaya kashila mukha-shobha
2. bini hase gora mukha hasa
paridhana pita pata-basa
3. angera saurabha lobha pa-iya
nabina bhramari a-ila dha-iya
4. ghuri ghuri bule pada-tale
guna guna shabada rasale
5. gobinda ghoshera mane jage
gora na dekhile bisha lage
1. The world's hearts yearn to see the glory of His face glistening like the purest gold.
2. Lord Gaura's face gracefully smiles. His garments are yellow.
3. Attracted by the fragrance of His limbs the young bees fly to Him.
4. Listening and listening to the sweet music He makes His feet turn and turn as He dances.
5. He awakens Govinda Ghosha's sleeping heart. They who do not place their eyes on Lord Gaura have drunk poison.
Song 3 (-raga)
1. snana kari shri-gauranga basilena dibyasane
da-ine bame nita-i gada-i
adwaita sammukhe basi mishtanna payasa kare
shribasa yogaya dha-i dha-i
2. (Refrain) aha mari mari kiba abhishekananda
nita-i gada-i saha bhojane basila gora
anande nehare bhakta-brinda
3. bhojana samapi gora karilena acamana
adwaita tambula dila mukhe
narahari pashe thaki tina-rupa nirakhiche
camara dhulaya ange sukhe
4. sa-candana tulasi-patra gorara carane diya
acarya krishnaya namah bale
kahe e gobinda ghosha hari-dhwani ghana ghana
karite lagila kutuhale
1. The bathing completed Lord Gauranga sits on the Deity-throne. At His right and left are Lord Nityananda and Gadadhara. Sitting before Him Lord Advaita places an offering of sweet-rice. Running and running Shrivasa brings offerings.
2. (Refrain) Ah! Ah! Ah! How great is the bliss of the abhisheka ceremony! With Nitai and Gadadhara at His sides Lord Gaura accepts the offerings. The devotees joyfully watch.
3. After eating all the offerings Lord Gaura rinses His mouth. Lord Advaita places betelnuts in His mouth. Standing at the side Narahari gazes at the forms of the three Lords. With a camara he happily fans Their bodies.
4. Offering a tulasi-leaf anointed with sandal paste at Lord Gaura's feet Lord Advaita Acarya says “Krishnaya namah (I bow down before Lord Krishna). Govinda Ghosha says: There is a great tumult of the chanting of Lord Krishna's holy names.