|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Prayers and Songs > Songs of Vaishnava Acharyas > Caitanya dasa|
Song 1 (Dhanashi-raga)
1. (Refrain) dekha dekha aparupa gauranga bilasa
puna giri-dharana puraba nilakrama
nabadwipe karila prakasha
2. shuddha-bhakti gobardhana puja kara jagaj-jana
e-i bidhi dila kali majhe
shrabanadi naba anga kalpa-taru-maya anga
panca-rasa phale taha saje
3. pulaka ankura shobha ashru jana-mano-lobha
manda bayu bepathu sundara
nijendriya upacare puja se-i giri-bare
prema-mani pabe ishta bara
4. dekhiya lokera gati kali-yuga-surapati
kope tanu kampita ha-ila
adharama airabate kumati indrani sathe
sa-sainyete sajiya a-ila
5. kama-megha barishane krodha-bajra-nikshepane
lokera ha-ila bada dara
lobha-moha-shila-ghate matsaryadi khara-bate
dhairya-dharma ude nirantara
6. janiya jibera daya shri-gauranga daya-maya
upaya cintila mane mane
bhakta-bhava saroddhara nije kari angi-kara
bhakti-giri karila dharane
7. tanhara ashraye loka pasarila duhkha-shoka
kali-bhaya khandila sakale
tabe kali-deba-raja peye parabhaba laja
stuti kare carana-kamale
8. aparadha kshama-iya kahe kichu dina haiya
yata jiba prabhura ashraya
yeba taba guna gaya tahe mora nahi daya
e-i satya karinu nishcaya
9. prabhu tahe daya kaila dhanya kali nama haila
adhyapi-o ghoshaye samsare
chaitanya-dasete bale gobardhana-lila-chale
yuge yuge jibera uddhare
1. (Refrain) Look! Look at Lord Gaura's wonderful pastimes! As in the past He lifted Govardhana Hill. so again He lifted it in Navadvipa and Nilacala.
2. As the people of the world were worshiping Kali-yuga Lord Gaura taught them to worship instead the Govardhana Hill of pure devotional service. That hill has nine parts beginning with the part of hearing the Lord's glories. On that hill are many kalpa-taru trees whose fruits are the five rasas.
3. The grass on that hill is the devotees’ bodily hairs standing erect in ecstasy. The streams on that hill are the tears that flow from the devotees’ yearning hearts. The gentle breezes blowing by that hill are the devotees’ trembling in ecstasy. Using their own senses as the paraphernalia of worship the people woprshiped that Govardhana Hill of devotional service. At the end they attained their desired boon the jewels of ecstatic spiritual love.
4. Seeing what the people of the world had done the King Indra of Kali-yuga trembled with rage. Taking with him the Airavata elephant of impiety the Queen Indrani of wicked thoughts and the great hosts of his armies that Indra came to this world.
5. As the clouds of lust showered torrents of rain and the thunderbolts of anger fell the people of the world became afraid. As hailstones of greed an illusion fell and a sharp hurricane wind of envy and other vices blew the people's peacefulness flew away.
6. Aware of the calamity that had fallen on the people merciful Lord Gauranga thought and thought trying to find a solution. Deciding that to life the life of a devotee is the best solution He lifted the Govardhana Hill of devotional service.
7. When the people took shelter under that hill their suffering and lamentation fled far away. Their fear of Kali-yuga was broken into pieces. The embarrassed King Indra of Kali-yuga was defeated and he spoke many prayers before Lord Krishna's lotus feet.
8. Now humbled he asked forgiveness. He was an individual soul taking shelter of the Supreme Lord. He said “O Lord I praise Your glories. Please do not punish me. You are the Supreme Truth. This I know for certain."
9. Then Lord Gauranga gave mercy to him. That is why Kali-yuga is known as a fortunate and glorious time. In this world to this day Kali-yuga is famous in this way. Chaitanya dasa says: Yuga after yuga manifesting this pastime like the lifting of Govardhana Hill the Lord delivers the fallen souls.