|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Prayers and Songs > Songs of Vaishnava Acharyas > Ananta Acarya|
Song 1 (Shri-raga)
1. (Refrain) shacira nandana jaga-jibana-sara
jibane marane gora thakura amara
2. asiya goloka-natha parishada-gana satha
nabadwipe abatirna haiya
sthapiya yugera karma nija sankirtana dharma
bujha-ila naciya ga-iya
3. dhari rupa hema gaura parila kaupina dora
kare kamandalu danda dharila gaurangacandra
4. akhilera guru hari bharatire guru kari
mantra nama karila grahana
ninduka pashanda chila bahu ninda purbe kaila
bhajila baliya narayana
5. ya-iya utkala-deshe nama kaila upadeshe
shada-bhuja kariya prakasha
ananta acarye kaya sange saba mahashaya
laiya kaila nilacale basa
1. (Refrain) Shaci’s son is the life of everyone in this world. In life or death Lord Gaura is my master.
2. Accompanied by His associates the master of Goloka has descended to Navadvipa. He established sankirtana-dharma the duty for this age. He sang danced and taught.
3. He manifested a form glorious like gold. He wore a kaupina and outer garments glorious like the sunrise. Turning aside from any desire to stay with Vishnupriya He carried a danda and kamandalu in His hands.
4. He was Lord Krishna the master of all the worlds. He became the guru of this world. He chanted the mantras of the holy names. Because of Him the blasphemers who committed great offenses came to worship Lord Narayana and chant His holy names.
5. He traveled to Orissa manifested a six-armed form and taught the chanting of the holy names. Ananta Acarya says: Surrounded by his devotees, He resided in Nilacala.
Song 2 (Mangala-raga)
1. nita-i chaitanya du-i bha-i dayara abadhi
brahmara durlabha prema yace nirabadhi
2. cari bede anweshaye ye prema pa-ite
hena prema du-i bha-i yace abirate
3. patita durgata papi kali-hata yara
nita-i chaitanya bali nace gaya tara
4. bhubana-mangala bhela sankirtana rase
raya ananta kande na pa-iya lesha
1. The two brothers Nitai and Chaitanya are the most merciful. Again and again They beg the people to please accept the rare ecstatic spiritual love even Brahma cannot attain.
2. Again and again these two brothers beg the people to please accept the rare ecstatic spiritual love the four Vedas seek.
3. Not even the fallen misled sinners sinners wounded by Kali-yuga chant “Nitai! Chaitanya!” and dance.
4. Now the world has become auspicious. Now the world is flooded with the nectar of sankirtana. Alas! Ananta Raya weeps. He could not taste even a drop of that nectar.
Song 3 (Suha-i-raga)
1. gaura naba-ghana prema-dhara barishila
trishita tapita jiba tirapita bhela
2. durmati kathina mati bhakti-cashe cura
upajila jiba-hride premera ankura
3. se ankure bhakti-bari nita-i secila
dine dine prema-taru badhiya uthila
4. dharila premera phala saba jiba-tare
ananta bancita bhela nija karma-phere
1. The new raincloud of Lord Gaura showered a monsoon of ecstatic spiritual love a monsoon that delighted the thirsty souls suffering from the burning heat.
2. The ploughman of devotional service plowed the hard earth of the sinners’ wicked hearts and broke up its hardness. Then the plowman watered that ground. Then the first sprout of ecstatic spiritual love appeared.
3. Lord Nitai nourished that sprout with the waters of devotional service. Day by day the tree of ecstatic spiritual love grew and grew.
4. Finally that tree bore the fruit of ecstatic spiritual love a fruit that delivers every soul. Alas! Ananta dasa could not taste that fruit. His own past karma cheated him of that fruit.
Song 4 (Dhanashri-raga)
1. kanca se sonara tanu dagamagi anga
canda-badane hasi amiya taranga
2. abani bilambita bana-mala
saurabha bedhala madhukara jala
3. ubha-dwaya bhuja-para khara-shara capa
hera-ite ripu-gana tharahari kampa
4. duraba-dala tula nakha bidha saja
manimaya kankana balaya biraja
5. tad-adhahi duhum jaladhara shyama
tahi shobhe mohana murali anupama
6. nakha mani bidhu jini talahi suranga
mani abharana tahe murache ananga
7. tad-adhahi karahi kamandalu danda
yahe kali kalusha pashanda khanda
8. giri sane ure mani moti bilola
shribastankita kaustubha dola
9. malayaja maya-ura parisara pina
nabhi gabhira kati keshari kshina
10. basana suranga carana paryanta
pada nakha nichani dasa ananta
1. His youthful golden form staggers in ecstasy. His moonlike face smiles with waves of nectar.
2. His forest garland reaches to the ground. His sweet fragrance attracts swarms of bees.
3. In one set of hands He holds a bow and sharp arrows. Seeing them His enemies tremble in fear.
4. These arms are dark like durva grass. They have ornaments of claws. His jewel bracelets and anklets glisten.
5. Below these is another pair of arms. These arms are dark like monsoon clouds. In these hands He plays peerless charming melodies on the flute.
6. These nails defeat a host of jewel moons. Decorated with jewel ornaments they make Kamadeva faint in ecstasy.
7. Below these is another pair of arms. In these hands He holds a danda and kamandalu. Into pieces these arms break Kali-yuga’s sins and offenses.
8. A necklace of jewels and pearls sways to and fro on the mountain of His chest. A Kaustubha jewel sways to and fro on His chest marked with Shrivatsa.
9. His sandal-paste-anointed arms rest at the edge of His chest. His navel is deep. His waist is slender like a lion’s waist.
10. His garments reach to reddish feet. Ananta dasa worships the nails on His toes.