|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Prayers and Songs > Songs About Lord Gauranga > Part Two: Songs Glorifying Lord Govinda|
Part Two: Songs Glorifying Lord Govinda
Song 145 (Lalita-raga)
1. krishna krishna kamalesha kripamaya
keshaba kaliya- damana karunamaya
2. gopinatha gopa-pati-nandana
gokulacandra gopala gahana-cara
3. ghana-tanu sundara ghora-timira-hara
ghoshata yata ghana-shyama
campaka gauri cita-hara cancala
chatura catur-bhuja nama
4. cakroddhari cakri canura-hara
shri-pati shri-dhara shrivatsa-lanchana
5. asara samsare sara kari mani
hari-pade nahi abhilasha
iha para jibana gela akarana
royata gokula dasa
1. Krishna! Krishna! Master of the lotus flowers! O merciful one! O crusher of Kesi! O enemy of Kamsa! O Keshava! O Lord who defeated Kaliya! O merciful Lord who plays on the Yamuna's banks!
2. O master of the gopis! O son of the gopa king! O Govinda! O lifter of Govardhana Hill! O moon of Gokula! O Gopala! O inconceivable Lord! O Lord who steals the gopis' hearts!
3. O handsome Lord! O Lord who removes the dense darkness of this world! O Lord dark like a monsoon cloud! O Lord weho steals the hearts of the gopis fair like campaka flowers! O intelligent, restless, mischeivous Lord! O Lord who bears the name Catur-bhuja (four-armed)!
4. O Lord who holds the cakra! O Lord who defeats Canura! O Lord whose hand holds the cakra! O Lord who steals the devotees' hearts! O husband of Goddess Lakshmi! O master of all opulences! O Lord who bears the Shrivatsa mark! O Lord whose face is like a moon whose light the cakora-bird devotees sip!
5. Alas! I thought the worthless things in this world of birth and death were my great treasure. I did not yearn to attain Lord Hari's feet. My life will soon be gone, gone without any good thing come from it. That is why Gokula dasa weeps.
Song 146 (Lalita-raga)
1. jaga-jibana jagannatha janardana
2. acyutopendra adhokshaja ati-bala
3. tri-bhubana-taraka tri-tapa-bimocana
tanu jini taruna tamala
daitya-damana damodara debaki-nandana
4. nanda-nandana nayanananda nagara
niti naba nirada-kanti
pitambara paramananda pramoda purushottama
5. bamshi-badana bana-mali balanuja bhubana-mohana
manohara madana- mohana madhusudana
1. O life of the worlds! O master of the worlds! O Lord who rescues the devotees from a host of troubles! O king of the Yadus! O Lord dark like a monsoon cloud! O delight of Yashoda! O treasure difficult to find in this world! O abode of splendor glorious like a monsoon cloud!
2. O infallible Lord! O younger brother (Vamana) of Indra! O Lord beyond the perception of material senses! O supremely powerful Lord! O unconquerable one! O Lord whose form is wonderful! O Lord weho descends to the material world! O Lord whose glistening eyes are lotus flowers! O master of all the worlds! O peerless one! O Lord who enjoys amorous pastimes!
3. O savior of the three worlds! O Lord who rescues the devotees from the three miseries! O Lord whose form is like a young tamala tree! O Lord who crushes the demons! O Lord whose waist was bound by a rope! O delight of Devaki! O friend of the poor and wretched! O Lord merciful to the poor and wretched!
4. O delight of Nanda! O Lord who are a delight for the eyes! O hero! O Lord splendid like a new monsoon cloud! O Lord glorious in yellow garments! O Lord filled with transcendental bliss! O delightful Lord! O supreme person! O Lord whose toenails glisten like a row of moons!
5. O flute-player! O Lord decorated with a forest garland! O younger brother of Balarama! O Lord who enchants all the worlds! O Lord who destroys the devotees' fear of taking birth again in this world! O charming Lord! O Lord more charming than Kamadeva! O killer of Madhu, Gokula dasa sings Your glories.
Song 147 (Bihagada-raga)
1. (Refrain) hare hare gobinda hare
debaki-nandana rama hare
2. matsya kacchapa-bara shukara narahari
bamana bhrigu-suta raksha-kulare
shri-baladeva bauddha kalki narayana
deba janardana shri-kamsare
3. keshaba madhaba yadaba yadu-pati
daitya-dalana duhkha-bhanjana shaure
golaka-indu gokula- candra gadadhara
garuda-dhwaja gaja-mocana murare
4. shri-purushottama parameshwara prabhu
parama-brahma parameshthi aghare
duhkhite dayam kuru deba debaki-suta
durmati paramananda parihare
1. (Refrain) Hari! Hari! Govinda! Hari! O crusher of Kaliya! O killer of Kamsa! O delight of Devaki! O Rama! O Hari!
2. O Matysa! O Kurma! O Varaha! O Nrisimha! O Vamana! O Parashurama! O enemy of the demons! O Balarama! O Buddha! O Kalki! O Narayana! O Lord who rescues the devotees from a host of troubles! O enemy of Kamsa!
3. O Kesava! O Madhava! O Yadava! O king of the Yadusa! O Lord who rips the demins into shreds! O Lord who breaks sufferings into pieces! O descendant of King Shurasena! O Lord like a moon shining in this world! O Lord like a moon shining in Gokula! O Lord who holds a mace! O Lord who flies a banner marked with Garuda! O Lord who delivered Gajendra! O enemy of Mura!
4. O supreme person! O supreme controller! O master! O Supreme Brahman! O Supreme Lord! O enemy of Agha! O Lord, O son of Devaki, please be merciful to miserable, troubled, wicked-hearted Paramananda dasa!
Song 148 (Bihagada-raga)
1. (Refrain) jaya jaya shri-janardana hari
jaya radhika-ballabha bhubana-durlabha
2. jaya gopi-bimohana radhika-ramana
jaya jaya yadu-pati agatira gati
3. jaya papa-binashana dushkrita-nashana
jaya yashodanandana ananda-bardhana
4. jaya papa-bimocana tapa-nirasana
1. (Refrain) Glory, glory to You, O Lord Hari, O Lord Janardana! Glory to You, O beloved of Radha, O treasure difficult to find in this world, O killer of the demon Kamsa!
2. Glory to You, O enchanter of the gopis, O Lord who enjoys pastimes with Radha, O Lord who enjoys pastimes in Vrindavana! Glory, glory to You, O master of the Yadavas, O shelter of the shelterless, O enemy of Putana, Baka, and Agha!
3. Glory to You, O destroyer of sins, O killer of the demons, O Lord who gloriously sits on Garuda! Glory to You, O delight of Yashoda! O Lord who brings great delight, O Lord whose form is filled with bliss!
4. Glory to You, O savior form sin, O destroyer of sufferings, O Lord who removes the threefold miseries from the spirit souls!
Song 149 (Dhanashi-raga)
1. jaya shiba sundara bishwa parat-para
2. jaya jaya shrila rama raghunandana
sura nara banara khacara nishakara
yachu guna gaya ananta
3. durbadala naba shyamala-sundara
bame dhanur-dhara dahine nishita shara
jaladhi koti gabhira
4. shri-pada paduka dharu bharatanuja
camara chatra nichodi
shiba chaturanana sanaka sanatana
shatamukha raha kara-jodi
5. bhakata ananda maruta nandana
carana-kamala karu seba
gobinda dasa hridaye abadharana
hari narayana deba
1. Glory to You, O handsome auspicious Lord, O greatest of all great persons in the worlds, O most delightful of delightful persons!
2. Glory, glory to You, O handsome Lord Rama, O descendant of Raghu, O beloved of Janaka's daughter, O Lord whose glorious mercy to the demigods, humans, monkeys, witches, and night-roving demons is praised by Lord Ananta Shesha!
3. Glory to You, O Lord handsome and dark like a new monsoon cloud, O lotus-eyed one, O hero on the batllefield, O Lord who hold a bow in Your left hand and a sharp arrow in Your right hand, O wise Lord deeper than millions of oceans!
4. Glory to You, O Lord whose sandals were worshiped by Your younger brother Bharata, worshiped with a parasol and a camara whisk, O Lord before whom Shiva, Brahma, Sanaka, Sanatana, and hundred-faced Ananta stand with folded palms!
5. Glory to You, O bliss of the devotees, O Lord whose lotus feet are served by Hanuman! O Hari! O Narayana! O Supreme Lord! In his heart Govinda dasa is rapt in thinking of You.
Song 150 (Shri-raga)
2. vande girivaradhara-pada-kamalam
4. ati-lohitam ati-rohita-bhasham
1 and 2. I offer my repsectful obeisances to Lord Giridhari's lotus feet, feet markwed with the signs of the flag, thunderbolt, elephant-goad, and lotus, feet gracefully anointed with the kunkuma of the vraja-gopis' breasts, splendid feet worshiped by Goddess Lakshmi's lotus hands, . . .
3. . . . graceful feet decorated with jewel anklets, feet the saintly, determined, beautiful gopis yearn to attain, . . .
4. . . . reddish feet praised by glorious prayers, feet like lotus flower, lotus flowers that have tranformed Govinda dasa into a bumblebee eager to taste their nectar.
Song 151 (Dhanashi-raga)
1. jaya jaya gopinatha madana-mohana
yugala-kishora jaya rasika-ramana
2. jaya radha-ballabha murali-adhara
jaya braja-binoda prema-sudhakara
3. madhaba giridhara gopi-cira-hari
lalita tri-bhanga nagara banoyari
4. rati-sukha-sagara braja-subilasi
5. braja-pati bala lala mada-nayaka
6. shyamera bame ki pyari shohe
shri-gopala dasa ki mana mohe
1. Glory, glory to You, O master of the gopis, O Lord more charming than Kamadeva! Glory to You, O Divine Couple who taste the nectar of trascendental pastimes!
2. Glory to You, O beloved of Radha, O Lord who place the flute to Your lips! Glory to You, O Lord who enjoy pastimes in Vraja! Glory to You, O nectar moon of spiritual love!
3. Glory to You, O husband of the goddess of fortune, o lifter of Govardhana Hill, O Lord who robs the gopis' garments, O graceful threefold-bending amorous hero adorned with forest flowers!
4. Glory to You, O ocean of amorous pastimes, O Lord who enjoys pastimes in Vraja, O Lord whose form is nectar, O Lord who resides in Gokula!
5. Glory to You, O master of Vraja, O playful boy, O hero of amorous pastimes, O most wise and learned Lord, O giver of transcendental bliss and love!
6. O dark Lord Krishna, who is the affectionate and glorious girl at Your left? O Lord, who has Gopala dasa's heart become enchanted by seeing You?
Song 152 (Gurjari-raga)
1. jaya jaya guru gosani-shri-carana sara
yaha haite haba para e bhaba-samsara
2. manera anande bala hari bhaja brindabana
shri-guru baishnaba paya maja-iya mana
3. jaya rupa sanatana bhatöa raghunatha
shri-jiba gopala bhaööa dasa raghunatha
4. jaya e-i chaya gosanira karuma carana bandana
yaha haite bighna nasha abhishöa purana
5. jaya rasa-nagari jaya nanda-lala
jaya jaya madana-mohana shri-gopala
6. jaya shaci-suta gauranga-sundara
jaya nityananda padmabatira konara
7. jaya jaya sita-natha adwaita gosani
yahara karuna-bale gora-guna ga-i
8. jaya jaya shribasa jaya gadadhara
jaya swarupa ramananda premera sagara
9. jaya jaya sanatana jaya shri-rupa
jaya jaya raghunatha pranera swarupa
10. jaya gaura-bhakta-brinda daya kara more
sabara carana-dhuli dhari nija shire
11. jaya jaya nilacala-candra jagannatha
mo papire daya kari kara atma-satha
12. jaya jaya gopala deba bhakata-batsala
naba ghana jini tanu parama ujjwala
13. jaya jaya gopinatha prabhu prana mora
puri gosanira lagi yara nama kshira-cora
14. shri-guru-baishnaba-pada-padma kari asha
nama sankirtana kahe narottama dasa
1. Glory, glory to the glorious feet of the spiritual master and the Supreme Personality of Godhead, feet that enable to us cross to the farther shore of the ocean of birth and death!
2. With a joyful heart please chant, "Hari!" Please worship Vrindavana. Plunge your heart into meditation on our spiritual master and the Vaishnavas.
3. Glory to Rupa Gosvami, Sanatana Gosvami, Raghunatha Bhaööa Gosvami, Shri Jiva Gosvami, Gopala Bhaööa Gosvami, and Raghunatha dasa Gosvami.
4. Please bow down before the feet of these six Gosvamis. Their feet will destroy obstacles and fulfill desires.
5. Glory to Shri Radha, the heroine of nectar pastimes! Glory to Shri Krishna, who is Nanda's son! Glory, glory to the cowherd boy Krishna, who is more enchanting than Kamadeva!
6. Glory, glory to handsome Lord Gaurangasundara, who is Shaci's son! Glory to Lord Nityananda, who is Padmavaöi's son!
7. Glory, glory to Lord Advaita Gosani, who is Sita's husband! By the power of His mercy I chant Lord Gaura's glories.
8. Glory, glory to Shrivasa! Glory to Gadadhara! Glory to Svarupa Damodara and Ramananda Raya, who are like oceans of ecstatic spiritual love!
9. Glory to Rupa Gosvami and Sanatana Gosvami! Glory to Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, who is Raghunatha dasa Gosvami's very life!
10. Glory to Lord Gaura's devotees! O devotees, please be merciful to me. I take the dust of all your feet. I place that dust upon my head.
11. Glory, glory to Lord Jagannatha, the moon of Nilacala! O Lord, please be kind and accept this sinner as one of Your personal associates.
12. Glory, glory to Lord Gopala, who loves the devotees, and whopse glorious form is more splendid than new monsoon clouds!
13. Glory, glory to Lord Gopinatha, who is like my life and breath! Ishvara Puri Gosvami explained that this Deity bears the name Kshira-cora.
14. The lotus feet of his spiritual master and the Vaishnavas the only goal he yearns to attain, Narottama dasa sings this song of holy names.
Song 153 (Gurjari-raga)
1. jaya jaya madana gopala bamshi-dhari
tri-bhanga bhangima öhama carana-madhuri
2. jaya jaya shri-gobinda-murti manohara
koöi candra jini yara barana sundara
3. jaya jaya gopinatha mahima prabala
tamala shyamala anga pina bakshah-sthala
4. jaya jaya mathura-mandala krishna-dhama
jaya jaya gokula yara golaka akhyana
5. jaya jaya dwadasha bana krishna-lila-sthana
shri-bana lauha bhadra bhandira bana nama
6. mahabane mahananda paya braja-basi
yahate prakaöa krishna swarupa prakashi
7. jaya jaya talabana khadira bahula
jaya jaya kumuda kamyabane krishna-lila
8. jaya jaya madhubana madhu-pana-sthana
yamha madhu-pane matta haila balarama
9. jaya jaya sarba-shreshöha shri-brindabana
debera agocara sthana kandarpa-mohana
10. jaya jaya lalita-kunda jaya shyama-kunda
jaya jaya radha-kunda pratapa pracanda
11. jaya jaya manasa-ganga jaya gobardhana
jaya jaya dana-ghaöa lila sarbottama
12. jaya jaya nanda-ghaöa jaya akshara-baöa
jaya jaya cira-ghaöa yamuna nikaöa
13. jaya jaya keshi-ghaöa parama mohana
jaya bamshi-baöa radha-krishna manorama
14. jaya jaya rama-ghaöa parama nirjana
yamha rasa-lila kaila rohini-nandana
15. jaya jaya bimala-kunda jaya nandishwara
jaya jaya krishna-keli pabana-sarobara
16. jaya jaya yabaöa grama abhimanyalaya
sakhi sange ra-i yamha sada birajaya
17. jaya jaya brishabhanu-pura name grama
jaya jaya sankeöa radha-krishna-lila-sthana
18. shri-guru-baishnaba-pada-padma kari asha
nama sankirtana kahe narottama dasa
1. Glory, glory to Lord Madana-Gopala, who plays a flute, whose threefold-bending form is the abode of handsomeness and grace, and whose feet are the abode of sweetness!
2. Glory, glory to the charming form of Lord Govinda, whose handsome splendor defeats millions of moons!
3. Glory, glory to glorious powerful Lord Gopinatha, whose chest os broad and whose limbs are dark like a tamala tree!
4. Glory, glory to Mathura-mandala, Lord Krishna's abode! Glory, glory to Gokula, which is famous in this world!
5. Glory, glory to the twelve forests where lord Krishna enjoys pastimes, forests that include Shrivana, Lauhavana, Bhadravana, and Bhandiravana!
6. Glory to Mahavana, where the people of Vraja attain great bliss. It was there that Lord Krishna made His form visible in this world.
7. Glory, glory to Talavana, Khadiravana, and Bahulavana! Glory, glory to Kumudavana and Kamyavana, where Lord Krishna enjoys many pastimes!
8. Glory, glory to Madhuvana, the place where the Lord drinks honey! It is there that Lord Balarama becomes intoxicated by drinking honey.
9. Glory, glory to Shri Vrindavana, the best of all the forests! That place is more enchanting than Kamadeva. Even the demigods cannot understand that place.
10. Glory, glory to Lalita-kunda! Glory to Shyama-kunda! Glory, glory to Radha-kunda, which is supremely glorious!
11. Glory, glory to Manasa-ganga! Glory to Govardhana! Glory, glory to Dana-ghaöa, where the Lord enjoys the most sublime pastimes!
12. Glory, glory to Nanda-ghaöa! Glory to Akshara-vaöa! Glory, glory to Cira-ghaöa, near the Yamuna!
13. Glory, glory to Keshi-ghaöa, which is supremely charming! Glory to Vamshi-vaöa, which delights the hearts of Shri Shri Radha and Krishna!
14. Glory, glory to Rama-ghaöa, which is very secluded! It is there that Lord Balarama enjoys the rasa dance.
15. Glory, glory to Vimala-kunda! Glory to Nandishvara! Glory, glory to Pavana-sarovara, where Lord Krishna enjoys many pastimes!
16. Glory, glory to Yavaöa-grama, Abhimanyu's home! Radha and Her friends are gloriously manifest there always.
17. Glory, glory to the village named Vrishabhanu-pura! Glory, glory to Sankeöa, where Radha and Krishna enjoy many pastimes!
18. The lotus feet of his spiritual master and the Vaishnavas the only goal he yearns to attain, Narottama dasa sings this song of holy names.
Song 154 (Gurjari-raga)
1. jaya jaya braja-basi shreshöha nanda-raja
jaya jaya brajeshwari shreshöha gopi majha
2. jaya jaya rohini-nandana balarama
jaya jaya radha-krishna swayam rasa-dhama
3. jaya jaya radha sakhi lalita sundari
sakhira parama shreshöha rupera madhuri
4. jaya jaya shri-bishakha campakalatika
ranga-debi sudebi tungabidya indurekha
5. jaya jaya radhanuja ananga-manjari
tri-bhubana jini yara angera madhuri
6. jaya jaya paurnamasi bali yogamaya
radha-krishna lila karana yini acchadiya
7. jaya jaya brinda-debi krishna-priyatama
jaya jaya bira sakhi sarba-manorama
8. jaya jaya ratna-mandapa ratna-simhasana
jaya jaya radha-krishna sange gopi-gana
9. shuna shuna are bha-i karita prarthana
braje radha-krishna-seba karaha bhabana
10. chadi anya karma asat alapane
braje radha-krishna karaha bhabane
11. iha saba lila-sthana ye kare smarana
janme janme shire dharom tamhara carana
12. shri-guru-baishnaba-pada-padma kari asha
nama sankirtana kahe narottama dasa
1. Glory, glory to King Nanda, the best of Vraja's people! Glory, glory to Vraja's queen, who is the best of the gopis!
2. Glory, glory to Lord Balarama, who is Rohini's son! Glory, glory to Radha-Krishna, the abode of all sweetness!
3. Glory, glory to beautiful Lalita, who is Radha's friend! She is the best of Radha's friends. Her form is filled with sweet grace and charm.
4. Glory, glory to Shri Vishakha, Campakalatika, Ranga-devi, Sudevi, Tungavidya, and Indurekha!
5. Glory, glory to Ananga-manjari, who is Radha's younger sister! The sweet charm and grace of her form defeats the three worlds.
6. Glory, glory to Paurnamasi, whom I declare to be Yogamaya herself. With careful discretion He makes arrangements for Radha and Krishna's pastimes.
7. Glory, glory to Vrinda-devi, who is very dear to Lord Krishna! Glory, glory to Vira-sakhi, who delights every heart!
8. Glory, glory to the jewel pavilion and the jewel throne! Glory, glory to the gopis that are Radha and Krishna's friends and associates!
9. Listen, listen, O my brother. Meditate on service to Radha and Krishna in Vraja. Pray that you will attain service to Them there.
10. Turn away from all other duties. Turn away from useless gossip. Meditate on Radha and Krishna in Vraja.
11. Birth after birth I place on my head the feet of anyone who meditates on all these pastime places.
12. The lotus feet of his spiritual master and the Vaishnavas the only goal he yearns to attain, Narottama dasa sings this song of holy names.
Song 155 (Dhanashi-raga)
1. jaya jaya gobinda gopala gadadhara
krishnacandra kara kripa karuna-sagara
2. jaya guru gobinda gopesha giridhari
shri-radhikara prana-dhana mukunda murari
3. hari-nama bine re gobinda nama bine
biphale manushya janma yara dine dine
4. dina yaya britha kaje ratra yaya dine
na bhajilama radha-krishna-caranarabinde
5. krishna bhajibara tare samsare a-inu
micha mayara baddha haiya briksha samana hainu
6. kala-kali papa-prapanca praktana-bashe
nahi maje haya jiba krishna-nama rase
7. krishna-nama bhaja jiba ara saba miche
pala-ite patha na-i yama ache piche
8. krishna-nama hari-nama bada-i madhura
ye-i jana krishna bhaje se bada chatura
9. ye nama shrabane haya papa bimocana
dwija hari-dasa kahe nama-sankirtana
1. Glory, glory to You, O Lord Govinda, who protect the cows and hold a mace. O Lord Krishnacandra, O ocean of mercy, please be merciful to me.
2. Glory to You, O Lord Govinda, O master, O master of the cowherd boys, O lifter of Govardhana Hill, O Shri Radhika's life-treasure, O giver of liberation, O enemy of Mura!
3. If one does not chant Lord Hari's holy names or Lord Govinda's holy names, day after day one passes this human birth without any good result.
4. My days and nights I passed in fruitless labor. I did not worship Shri Shri Radha and Krishna's lotus feet.
5. I came to this world of birth and death to worship Lord Krishna. Alas! I was bound by maya's illusions. I was made dull and stunted like a tree.
6. My past karma pushed me into Kali-yuga's sins. In this life i did not dive into the nectar of Lord Krishna's holy names.
7. O people, please worship Lord Krishna's holy names. All else is an illusion. Don't walk by the path where Yamaraja will follow you.
8. Lord Krishna's name and Lord Hari's name are very sweet. He who worships Lord Krishna is very wise.
9. He in whose ear Lord Krishna's name enters becomes free of sins. In this way the brahmana Hari dasa chants the glories of the holy name.
Song 156 (Gurjari-raga)
1. (Refrain) kabe prabhu anugraha habe
bishaya-basana-pasha kabe moha habe nasha
kabe ami brindabane yaba
2. e samsare duhkha-phala se ananda maha-bala
janiya ya-iba se-i sthana
saba duhkha pala-ibe gadagadi diba yabe
3. krishna-murti gobardhana maha-bhagye darashana
mora kiye habe hena karma
krishnera radhika yaiche shri kunda tahara taiche
kaya mane kabe habe marma
4. kunda-yuge snana kari se-i sthane yadi mari
tabe bujhi mora habe gati
tumi prabhu dayamaya e radha-mohana kaya
siddha kara e-i ta kakuti
1. (Refrain) When will the Lord be merciful to me? When will the noose of material desires around my neck be cut? When will I go to Vrindavana?
2. The material world bears suffering as its only fruit. I shall go to a place where I know there is only intense bliss. Then all material sufferings will flee far away. I will go to the rasa-dance arena on the Yamuna's banks. There I will roll on the ground.
3. If I become fortunate I will see the Deity of Lord Krishna on Govardhana Hill. Will I be able to do that? When will my body, mind, and heart run to Radha-kunda and Shyama-kunda?
4. I know the destination I will attain if I bathe in those two kundas and die in the place around them. Radhamohana dasa says: O Lord, You are very merciful. Please grant me these perfections. In a voice choked with emotion I beg this of You.
Song 157 (Dhanashi-raga)
1. (Refrain) nidanera bandhu tumi shuniyachi hari
muni papi duracara sadhana-bhajana-hina
parinama bhabi ebe mari
2. ghora briddha-kala a-ila anta-danta saba gela
durbasana gela na kebala
dhabala ha-ila kesha tamu angera besha
mu-i prabhu abujha pagala
3. jani e maöira deha maöite-i ghuri phiri
antime-o haiya yabe maöi
kintu ki bishama bhula candana sugandha taila
tahara hariya paripaöi
4. janama andhala ye-i se yadi gartete pade
dhari tule ye thakaye kache
nayana thakite ye bhaba-kupe dube mare
tara ara ki sahaya ache
5. kintu hari bhaba-roge taba nama-mahaushadhi
shastra ara sadhu mukhe shuni
diyachi tomate bhara gopalere kara para
diya hari carana-tarani
1. (Refrain) O Lord Hari, I have heard that You are the friend of persons on the verge of death. I am a sinner. I am very ill-behaved. I have no spiritual activities and no devotion. Now I am on the verge of death.
2. Horrible old-age has come to me. My teeth and everything else are all gone. Only my wicked material desires have not gone away. My hair is white. Still I decorate this body with nice garments. O Lord, I have become a fool, a madman.
3. I know this body is only made of clay. For some time the clay of this body turns this way and that, but in the end it returns to the earth from which it came. What a mistake I made! I carefully anointed this body with sandal paste and fragrant oils.
4. If a person blind from birth falls into a deep hole, he is helpless. Someone else must pull him out. In the same way if a person with eyes to see falls into the well of this world of birth and death, he will drown unless someone comes to save him.
5. O Lord Hari, I am tormented by the disease of living in this world of birth and death. Your holy name is the medicine for that disease. This I have heard from the scriptures and from the mouths of the saintly devotees. O Lord Hari, I take shelter of You. To Gopala dasa please give the boat of Your feet. In that boat carry him to the farther shore of this world of birth and death.
Song 158 (Dhanashi-raga)
1. sakala baishnaba gosa-i daya kara more
dante trina dhari kahe e dina pamare
2. shri-guru-carana ara shri-krishna-chaitanya
pada-padma pa-oya-iya more kara dhanya
3. toma sabara karuna bina iha prapti naya
bishesha ayogya muni kahila nishcaya
4. bancha-kalpa-taru ha-o karuna-sagara
e-i te bharasa muni dhari ye antara
5. guna lesha nahi mora aparadhera sima
ama uddhariya loke dekha-o mahima
6. nama-sankirtana ruci ara prema-dhana
e radha-mohane deha ha-iya sa-karuna
1. O saintly Vaishnavas, please be merciful to me! Placing a blade of grass between his teeth, a poor wretch speaks these words.
2. Please give to me the great treasure that is taking shelter of the feet of the spiritual master and the lotus feet of Shri Krishna Chaitanya.
3. Without your mercy I cannot attain thats helter. I am very unqualified to attain that shelter. That is certain.
4. You are all kalpa-taru trees. You are oceans of mercy. I have faith in that. That faith I keep in my heart.
5. I have no virtues. I stand at the apex of all offenses. If you can deliver even fallen me, you will show your great glories to the world.
6. Therefore please kindly give to this Radhamohana dasa the gift of attraction to chanting the Lord's holy names. Please give to him a great treasure of ecstatic spiritual love.
Song 159 (Shri-raga)
1. radha-natha bada aparupa lila
kishora kishori du-i eka mile nabadwipe prakaöiya
2. radha-natha bada aparupa se
shri-chaitanya name hina-jane daya tapata-kancana de
3. radha-natha sangi aparupa tara
nita-i adwaita shribasa swarupa raya ramananda ara
4. radha-natha ki kahiba taba ranga
sanatana rupa raghunatha lokanatha bhaööa-yuga sange
5. radha-natha e saba bhakata meli
na kaila kirtana abeshe nartana prema-dana kutuhali
6. radha-natha bada abhagiya mu-i
se-kale thakitu prema-dane pa-itu kena na karila tu-i
7. radha-natha bada-i rahila duhkha
janama ha-ila takhana nahila dekhite na pa-inu sukha
8. radha-natha ki jani kahite ami
gaurasundara dasera bharasa uddhara kariba tumi
1. Radha's master enjoys very wonderful pastimes. A teenage boy and a teenage girl have joined together in a single form, a form manifest in Navadvipa.
2. Radha's master is very wonderful. Now He calls Himself by the name Shri Chaitanya. His form is splendid like molten gold. He is very merciful to the poor fallen souls.
3. Radha's master has wonderful companions. His companions include Lord Nitai, Lord Advaita, Shrivasa, Svarupa Damodara, and Ramananda Raya.
4. O master of Radha, how can I describe Your pastimes with Sanatana Gosvami, Rupa Gosvami, Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, Lokanatha Gosvami, Raghunatha Bhaööa Gosvami, and Gopala Bhaööa Gosvami?
5. O master of Radha, meeting with the devotees, You enjoy pastimes of kirtana. Overcome with ecstatic love, you dance. There is a great tumult. You give everyone the gift of ecstatic spiritual love.
6. O master of Radha, I am very unfortunate. Why was I not present at that time to receive Your gift of ecstatic spiritual love?
7. O master of Radha, I am very unhappy. I was not born at that time. I did not attain the happiness of seeing You.
8. O master of Radha, what do I know to speak about You? Gaurasundara dasa simply has faith that You will deliver him.
Song 160 (Shri-raga)
1. radha-natha dekhite lagiche bhaya
tanu-bala hrasa ara buddhi-nasha kakhana ki jani haya
2. radha-natha sakali chadiya gela
danta anta gela badhira ha-ila nayane na dekhi bhala
3. radha-natha tumi se karuna-sindhu
toma bina ara keba uddharibe tumi sakalera bandhu
4. radha-natha age saba nibedaya
maranamaya byadhi-grasta haya smarana nahika raya
5. radha-natha ara kichu nahi bhaya
brishabhanu-suta-carana-sebane pache kripa nahi haya
6. radha-natha e-i nibedayi ami
brishabhanu-suta-pade dasi kari angikara kara tumi
7. radha-natha e-i mora abhilasha
nibhrita nikunje nija pade leha e gaurasundara dasa
1. O master of Radha, I am afraid even to look. My bodily strength is much less. My intelligence is destroyed. What do I know now?
2. O master of Radha, everything has gone away. My teeth are gone. My digestion is gone. My hearing is bad. I do not see well.
3. O master of Radha, You are an ocean of mercy. But for You, who will deliver me? You are the friend of everyone.
4. O master of Radha, I have told You everything. Now I am in the grip of a fatal disease. Now I cannot remember anything.
5. O master of Radha, I am not afraid. Please be merciful and allow me to serve the feet of Vrishabhanu's daughter.
6. O master of Radha, I place this prayer before You. Please accept me. Please make me a gopi maidservant at the feet of Vrishabhanu's daughter.
7. O master of Radha, that is my desire. Please make this Gaurasundara dasa into a gopi, a gopi that in s secluded forest grove has fallen in love with Your feet.
Song 161 (Saranga-raga)
1. (Refrain) teja mana hari-bimukhanki sanga
yaka sangahi kumati upajatahi
bhajana ki padata bibhanga
2. satata asata patha le-i yo yayata
upajata kamini sanga
shamana-duta paramayu parakhata
dura sane nehara-i ranga
3. ata eba se hari-nama sara parama madhu
pana karaha chodi bhanga
hari-carana-saroruha mati rahum
1. (Refrain) Shun, O my heart, people who have turned their faces away from Lord Hari. Association with them will give birth to wicked thoughts. Association with them will break into pieces your devotion to the Lord.
2. Association with them will make you walk always on the wrong path, will make you associate with women who are filled with lust, will make the Yamadutas happy as they watch you from afar.
3. Therefore please shun the association of such persons. instead please sip the sweet honey of lord Hari's holy names. Ah! Gopala dasa's heart has now become a bumblebee intoxicated by tasting the honey at the lotus flower of Lord Hari's feet.
Song 162 (Ashabari-raga)
1. (Refrain) bhaja mana nanda-kumara
bhabiya dekhaha bha-i gati nahi ara
2. dhana jana putra adi keba apanara
ata eba karaha mana hari-pada sara
3. ku-sanga chadiya sada sat-sange thaka
parama nipuna iha nama bali daka
4. tara nama-lila-gane sada ha-o matta
se carana-dhana pabe ha-iba kritartha
5. radha-mohana bale mana ki baliba tore
samsara yatana ara nahi deha more
1. (Refrain) O my heart, please worship Nanda's son. O my brother, please gaze at Him with great love. There is no shelter but Him.
2. What are wealth, followers, sons, and all else to you? O my heart, please stay at Lord Hari's feet.
3. Always turn from bad association. Associate with the saintly devotees. Very carefully chant the Lord's holy names.
4. Always be intoxicated by the singing the Lord's holy names and glorifying the Lord's pastimes. Then you will attain the treasure that is the Lord's feet. You will attain the goal of life.
5. Radhamohana dasa says: O my heart, this I ask of you. Please do not do anything that will keep me in the torments of this world of birth and death.
Song 163 (Dhanashi-raga)
1. (Refrain) bhaja mana satata ha-iya nirdwandwa
radha-krishna parama-sukha-dayaka rasamaya paramananda
2. cancala bishaya-bisha sukha mani kha-osi
na janasi iha mati manda
para-kale nikaöa marana-duhkha-deyaba
bujhaha abahum karu andha
3. mohe duhkha-bhagi karana naha samucita
to hama janama bandhu
nija duhkha jani abahum smarana karu
yo tuhum karunaka sindhu
4. o pada-pankaja- prema-sudha pibi pibi
dura kara nija duhkha-kanda
e radha-mohana kaha tejaha micha-i moha
yaichana hata nija bandha
1. (Refrain) O my heart, please turn away from the dualities of this world. Always worship Shri Shri Radha and Krishna, who are sweet like nectar, who are filled with bliss, and who delight the devotees.
2. O my heart, you are a fool. You do not know anything. You think drinking the poison of fickle material sense gratification will make us happy. Please know that in the course of time that poison becomes a monster. It brings torment and death. It makes one blind.
3. O my heart, it is not right that you make me suffer in this way. You and I have been friends from birth. Aware that material sense gratification will bring only torment, you should meditate on the person who is like an ocean of mercy.
4. Sip, sip the sweet nectar of love for His lotus feet. Throw far away the sense gratification that becomes the root of torments. This Radhamohana dasa says: Turn away from the illusions of this world, illusions that will keep us bound in this prison.
Song 164 (Bhaöiyari-raga)
1. brajendra-nandana bhaje ye-i jana
sa-phala jibana tara
tahara upama bede nahi sima
tri-bhubane nahi ara
2. emana madhaba na bhaje manaba
kakhana mariya yabe
se-i se adhama prahariya yama
raurabe krimite khabe
3. tarapara ara papi nahi chara
samsara jagata majhe
kona kale tara gati nahi ara
micha-i bhramicha kaje
4. locana dasa bhakati asha
hari guna kahi likhi
hena rasa sara mati nahi ara
tara mukha nahi dekhi
1. They who worship Lord Krishna attain the goal of life. Their lives are fruitful. In the Vedas no one is their equal. In all the three worlds no one is their equal.
2. They who do not worship Lord Krishna are the lowest of the low. When they die Yamaraja will punish them. They will go to the hell named Raurava, where they will be eaten by worms.
3. These persons are sinners. They are worthless like a pile of ashes. In this world of birth and death no one is more of a sinner than they. They have no good destination. They are bewildered. They work in vain.
4. I, Locana dasa, yearn to attain devotion to Lord Hari. I speak and write of Lord Hari's glories. I will not even look at the face of anyone who does not find delight in tasting the sweet nectar of Lord Hari's glories.
Song 165 (Shri-raga)
1. shri-krishna-bhajana lagi samsare a-inu
maya-jale bandi haiya briksha samana hainu
2. sneha-lata bedi bedi tanu kaila shesha
kida rupe nari tahe hridaye prabeshe
3. phala-rupe putra kanya dale bhangi pade
kala-rupi bihanga upare basa kare
4. khadite na pa-ila gacha shukha-iya gela
samsarera dabanala tahate lagila
5. durasha durbasana du-i uöhe dhuma-iya
phukara karaye locana marilama puriya
6. e-ga-o e-ga-o mora baishnaba gosa-i
karunara jala sinca tabe raksha pa-i
1. To worship Lord Krishna I came to this world of birth and death. Then Maya caught me in her net. Then I became dull and stunted like a tree.
2. The vine of material love coiled and coiled around me. Manifesting the form of a tree-boring insect, a woman entered my heart.
3. Manifesting the forms of fruits, sons and daughters grew on my branches and fell to the ground. Manifesting the form of a bird, time made its nest in my branches.
4. Gradually I became dry and withered. I could hardly stand erect. Then the blazing forest fire of birth and death came.
5. Wicked desires and false hopes were the two streams of smoke that at once arose. This Locana dasa called out, “I am dying!
6. "Save me! Save me, O Vaishnava Gosai! Throw upon me the water of your mercy and save me!"
Song 166 (Suha-i-raga)
1. nikunja nibase maha-rasa-rase
so radha-ballabha jagata durlabha
amara ballabha se
2. yara banka ankhi gopi hiya dekhi
hoyata tikhini shara
so gopikeshwara bishwera ishwara
se-i mora praneshwara
3. gopi-kuca-kumbhe yo kara pallabe
hoyata parama shota
kaöe bhaba-bandha tachu pada-dwandwa
munira manasa lobha
4. yo pahum gokule gopira dukule
cora-ola hasi hasi
e gokula dase tara pada ashe
dhyayaye dibasa nishi
1. Radha's beloved, who is the crown of rasikas, who enjoys pastimes in the forest, who tastes the nectar of rasa-dance pastimes, and whois rarely found in this world, is my dear Lord.
2. His crooked glances are sharp arrows that pierce the gopis' hearts. He is the master of the gopis. He is the master of all the worlds. He is the master of my life.
3. His hands are leaves and flowers in the vases of the gopish' breasts. His feet cut the bonds of repeated birth and death. The sages' hearts yearn to attain Him.
4. He is the master of Gokula. Laughing and laughing, He stole the gopis' garments. This Gokula dasa yearns to attain Him. Gokula dasa meditates on Him night and day.
Song 167 (Dhanashi-raga)
1. hari hari amara emana dasha habe
bishama daruna bisha janjala öuöibe
2. dara sukha-bhoge mu-i haba birakata
sharana la-iba shuka baishnaba bhagabata
3. karanga kothali hate galaya kantha diya
madhukuri magi khaba braja-basi haiya
4. samsara-sukhera mukhe anala jwaliya
thuthu kariya kabe ya-ibe chadiya
5. jati kula abhimana sakala chadiba
gopalera asha kata dibase phaliba
1. Hari! Hari! I will attain that state. The power of this horrible poison will be broken.
2. I will renounce the joys of houshold life. I will take shelter of the Bhagavatam that is Shukadeva's book and the many Bhagavatams that are the Vaishnavas.
3. I will reside in Vraja. A pathwork cloth around my neck and a bowl in my hand, I will beg as a madhukari. In that way I will eat.
4. When will I spit far away the flames of material sense gratification that burn in my mouth?
5. I will renounce my family, social station, pride, and everything else. Ah! After how many days will Gopala dasa's desire be fulfilled?
Song 168 (Dhanashi-raga)
1. hari he dayala mora jaya radha-natha
bara bara e-i bara laha nija satha
2. bahu yoni bhrami natha la-inu sharana
nija gune kripa kara adhama-tarana
3. jagata-tarana tumi jagata-jibana
toma chada kara nahi he radha-ramana
4. bhubana-mangala tumi bhubanera pati
tumi upekshile natha ki ha-ibe gati
5. bhabiya dekhinu e-i jagata majhare
toma bina keha na-i e rame uddhare
1. O master of Radha! All glory to You! O Lord Hari! Please be merciful to me! Again and again and again I beg: Please accept me as one of Your associates!
2. O Lord, wandering in this world, I took shelter of many different wombs. O deliverer of the fallen, please be merciful to me.
3. You are the savior of the worlds. You are the life of the worlds. O Lord Radha-ramana, please do not turn away from me.
4. You are the auspiciousness of the worlds. You are the master of the worlds. What will happen to persons who turn from You?
5. I have carefully observed this world. O Lord, none but You can deliver this Rama dasa.