|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Prayers and Songs > Songs About Lord Gauranga > Part Three: Longer Songs Glorifying Lord Gauranga|
Part Three: Longer Songs Glorifying Lord Gauranga
Song 169 (Kamoda-raga)
1. ashesha gunera nidhi gauranga-sundara
anande bibhora sada nadiya-nagara
2. indu jini badanera shobha manohara
ishwara brahmadi yare bhabe nirantara
3. uddharila jaga-jane diya prema-dhana
una papi tapi nahi kaila bicarana
4. rina shudhibara prabhu shrimati radhara
ritimata nadiyara haila abatara
5. lipta shri-gauranga-tanu shri-haricandane
lilabati nari heri haya acetane
6. emana dayalu prabhu nahi habe ara
aikantika krishna-bhakti karila pracara
7. odhra-desha ya-iya prabhu bahu lila haila
audarya-gunete sarbabhauma nistarila
8. caturdasha swarabali ye kare kirtana
acire labhaye se-i gauranga-carana
9. shri-jahnaba ramacandra-pada kari asha
caturdasha swarabali gaya prema-dasa
1. Lord Gaurangasundara is the treasure-house of all transcendental virtuese. In the towns of Nadiya He is always overcome with spiritual bliss.
2. His glorious handsome face defeats the moon. Shiva, Brahma, and all the demigods always worship Him with ecstatic love.
3. Giving them the great treasure of ecstatic spiritual love, He delivers the people of the world. In giving that gift He makes no distinction betweeen the sinners and the austere tapasvis.
4. Trying to repay the debt He owes Shrimati Radha, the Lord has descended to this world in Nadiya and accepted the role of a devotee.
5. Lord Gauranga's fair form is anointed with sandal paste. Seeing Him, the girls of Nadiya are overcome with spiritual bliss and fall unconscious.
6. No one will ever be as merciful as Lord Gauranga is. He preaches the glories of pure unalloyed devotion to Lord Krishna.
7. Lord Gauranga went to Orissa and enjoyed many pastimes there. With great and generous mercy Lord Gauranga delivered Sarvabhauma.
8. Anyone who chants these fourteen lines glorifying Lord Gauranga will quickly attain Lord Gauranga's feet.
9. Aspiring to attain the feet of Ramacandra dasa and Shri Jahnava-devi, Prerma dasa sings these fourteen lines glorifying Lord Gauranga.
Note: The first letters of the lines of this song follow the sequence of vowels in the Bengali alphabet (a, a, i, i, u, u, ri, ri, l, l, e, ai, o, au).
Song 170 (Kamoda-raga)
1. kali-yuge shri krishna chaitanya abatara
khelibara prabandhe kaila khola karatala
2. gadagadi yana prabhu nija sankirtane
ghare ghare hari-nama dena sarba-jane
3. uccaih-sware kande prabhu jibera lagiya
cetana karana jibe krishna-nama diya
4. chala chala kare ankhi nayanera jale
jagata pabitra kaila gaura-kalebare
5. jhala jhala mukha yena purna shashadhara
emata ta dekhi na-i dayara sagara
6. talamala kare anga bhabete bibhola
thamake thamake cale bale haribola
7. dorahi kaupina kshina katira upare
dhaliya dhaliya pade gadadhera krode
8. ana parasanga gora na shune shrabane
tana mana gana rase maja-iya mana
9. thira nahi haya prabhura nayanera jala
dina-hina janere dhariya deya kola
10. dheyamiya puraba piriti parasanga
na jani kahara bhabe ha-iya tri-bhanga
11. prema-rase bhasa-iya akhila samsara
phutila shri-brindabana suradhuni dhara
12. brahma maheshwara yare kare anweshana
bhabiya na pana yamre sahasra-locana
13. matta matanga gati madhura mridu hasa
yashomati mata yamra bhubane prakasha
14. ratipati jini rupa ati manohara
lila labanya yara ati anupama
15. basudeba-suta se-i shri-nanda-nandana
shacira nandana ebe bale sarba-jana
16. catur-bhuja rupa haila aty-ashcarya-maya
sabadhana prana-natha gora rasamaya
17. hari hari bala bha-i kara maha-yajna
kshiti-tale janmi keha na haiya abijna
18. e cautrisha padabali ye kare kirtana
dasa narottama mage tahare carana
1. In the Kali-yuga Shri Krishna Chaitanya descended to this world. He enjoyed kirtana pastimes with khola and karatala.
2. Chanting His own holy names, He rolled on the ground in ecstasy. Going from house to house, He gave to everyone the gift of Lord Hari's holy name.
3. For the benefit of the jivas, the Lord loudly wept in the ecstasy of spiritual love. Giving them the gift of Lord Krishna's holy names, He revived the jivas.
4. Tears of ecstatic spiritual love flowed from His eyes. His fair spiritual form purified all the worlds.
5. His glorious face shone like the full moon. No one had ever seen an ocean of mercy like Him.
6. Overcome with ecstatic spiritual love, His body trembled. Dancing and dancing as He went, He chanted, “Haribol!"
7. A kaupina rested on His slender waist. Staggering and staggering as He walked, He fell at Gadadhara's side.
8. Lord Gauranga's ears never listened to anything but descriptions of Lord Krishna. His heart was plunged in the nectar of songs glorifying Lord Krishna.
9. He could not be peaceful. Tears of ecstatic spiritual love flowed from Lord Gauranga's eyes. The Lord hugged the poor fallen souls.
10. He meditated on the loving pastimes He previously enjoyed with His associates, pastimes He enjoyed as Lord Krishna. Who was the person with a threefold-bending form standing before Him? He did not know.
11. He made the whole world float in the nectar of ecstatic spiritual love. On the Ganga's banks He manifested the beautiful spiritual world of Vrindavana.
12. Brahma, Shiva, and all the demigods search for Him. Thousand-eyed Indra meditates on Him but cannot find Him.
13. He walked like a graceful intoxicated elephant. His gentle smile was sweet. In His home Mother Yashoda was present.
14. His charming form defeated Kamadeva. His handsomeness and playfulness were without peer.
15. Everyone says that Lord Krishna, who was the son of Vasudeva and the son of Nanda, has now become Shaci's son.
16. He manifested a wonderful six-armed form. Lord Gaura is sweet like nectar. He is the master of my life.
17. O my brothers, please chant, "Hari! Hari!" Please perform a great yajna of chanting Lord Hari's holy names. Now that everyone chants the holy names, no one remains foolish and bewildered on the surface of the earth.
18. Narottama dasa prays at the feet of anyone who chants these 34 lines.
Note: The first letters of the lines of this song follow the sequence of consonants in the Bengali alphabet (k, kh, g, gh, n, c, ch, j, jh, n, t, th, d, dh, n, t, th, d, dh, n, p, ph, b, bh, m, y, r, l, b, sh, sh, s, h, ksh).
Song 171 (Kamoda-raga)
1. jaya jaya gaura-hari shacira nandana
shri-chaitanya bishwambhara patita-pabana
2. jaya mahaprabhu gauracandra dayamaya
adhama-tarana natha bahakta-ashraya
3. jibera jibana gora karuna-sagara
4. premamaya prema-data jagatera guru
shri-gaura gopaladeva bancha-kalpa-taru
5. nityananda thakurera mahananda-data
sarbabhishta purna-kari sarba-citta-jnata
6. shri-gadadharera prana akhilera pati
lakshmira sarbaswa-dhana agatira gati
7. shri-bishnupriyara natha nityanandamaya
sarba-guna-nidhi sarba-rasera alaya
8. jagadanandera priya nabadwipa-candra
adwaita-aradhya-krishna purusha swatantra
9. bamshira ballabha nabadwipa sunagara
10. rasikendra cuda-mani rasika su-thama
bhaktadhina bhakta-priya sarbananda-dhama
11. swarupera sukha-data rupera jibana
shri-sanatanera natha nitya sanatana
12. shri-jiba-batsala prabhu bhakata-batsala
bhatöa gosanira priya durbalera bala
13. shri-raghunathera natha shribasera basa
bhagaban bhakta-rupa ananta-prakasha
14. lokanatha lokashraya bhakata-ranjana
shri-raghunatha dasera hridayera dhana
15. abhirama öhakurera sakha sarba-pata
cintamani cintaniya hari-nama-data
16. paramesha parat-para duhkha-bimocana
jaga-i madha-i adi papi uddharana
17. rasa-raja-murti ramananda-bimohana
sarbabhauma panditera garba binashana
18. amoghera prana-data durjana-dalana
purna-kama nirmalatma lajja-nikarana
19. paramatma sarat-sara baishnaba-jibana
sukha-data sukhamaya bhubana-bhabana
20. bishwa-rupa bishwa-natha bishwa-bimohana
shri-gaura gobinda bhakta-citta-suranjana
21. nayanera abhirama bhabuka-ramana
22. nadiya-bihari hari ramani-mohana
23. su-kabi shri-nidhi-daksha nayana-ranjana
bareka amara hride deha shri-carana
24. bhabuka sannyasi saba jiba-bistaraka
bhabuka janara sukha-data su-nayaka
25. prataparuderara abhilasha purna-kari
swarupadi bhakatera sada ajna-kari
26. sarba-abatara-sara karuna-nidhana
parama udara prabhu more kara trana
27. ananta prabhura nama ananta mahima
anantadi debe yare dite nare sima
28. gauranga madhura nama kara mana sara
yamha bina kali-yuge gati nahi ara
29. ye-i nama se-i gora janahi nishcaya
namera sahita prabhu satata achaya
30. gaura-nama hari-nama eka-i ye haya
bhagabata bakya e-i kabhu mithya naya
31. kara kara ore mana nama-sankirtana
papa tapa dure yabe pabe prema-dhana
32. gaura-nama krishna-nama ati su-madhura
sada aswadaye ye-i se saba chatura
33. shiba adi ye-i nama sada kare gana
se name bancita haile kise habe trana
34. e-i shata ashöa nama ye kare paöhana
anayase paya se-i chaitanya-carana
35. shata asta nama ye-i karaye srabana
tara prati tushöa sada shacira nandana
36. shri-jahnaba rama-pada kariya sharana
shata asta nama gaya e shacinandana
1. Glory, glory to Lord Gaura-Hari. He is Shaci's son. He is Shri Chaitanya. He is Vishvambhara. He is the purifier of the fallen.
2. Glory to the great Lord. He is glorious like a fair moon. He is merciful. He delivers the fallen. He is the Lord. He is the devotees' shelter.
3. He is the life of the jivas. His complexion is fair. He is an ocean of mercy. He is Jagannatha Mishra's son. His fair limbs are handsome.
4. He is spiritual love personfiied. He is the giver of spiritual love. He is the guru of all the worlds. He is fair and glorious. He is Lord Gopaladeva Himself. He is a kalpa-vriksha tree.
5. He is the giver of transcendental bliss to Nityananda Thakura. He fulfills all desires . He knows every heart.
6. He is Shri Gadadhara's life. He is the master of all. He is the be-all-and-end-all for Goddess Lakshmi. He is the shelter of the shelterless.
7. He is Shri Vishnupriya's husband. He is full of eternal bliss. He is a treasure-house of all transcendental virtues. He is the abode of all transcendental mellows.
8. He is dear to Jagadananda. He is like a glistening moon in Navadvipa. He is worshiped by Lord Advaita. He is Lord Krishna HImself. He is the Supreme Person. He is supremely independent.
9. He is dear to Vamshi dasa Thakura. He is the hero of Navadvipa. He is victorious in all the worlds. He enchants all people .
10. He is the crest jewel of the kings of rasikas. He is the shelter of the rasikas. He is controlled by His devotees. He is dear to His devotees. He is the abode of all bliss
11. He delights Svarupa Damodara . He is the life of Rupa Gosvami. He is the master of Shri Sanatana Gosvami. He is eternal.
12. He is affectionate to Shri Jiva Gosvami. He is the supreme master. He is affectionate to the devotees. He is dear to Gopala Bhaööa Gosvami Gosvami. He is the strength of the weak.
13. He is the master of Shri Raghunatha Bhaööa Gosvami. He is the abode where Shrivasa Thakura takes shelter. He is the Supreme Personality of Godhead manifest as a devotee. His manifestations have no end.
14. He is the master of the worlds. He is the shelter of the worlds. He delights the devotees. He is the treasure in Shri Raghunatha dasa Gosvami's heart.
15. He is Abhirama Thakura's friend. He is everyone's protector. He is like a cintamani jewel. He is the object of meditation. He gives the gift of Lord Hari's holy names.
16. He is the supreme controller. He is greater than the greatest. He is the deliverer from suffering. He delivers Jagai, Madhai, and a host of other sinners .
17. He is the personified king of rasa. He enchants Ramananda Raya. He destroyed Sarvabhauma Pandita's pride.
18. He revived Amogha. He rips apart the demons. He fulfills all desires. He is supremely pure. He removes the devotees' shyness.
19. He is the Paramatma. He is the best of the best. He is the life of the Vaishnavas. He is the giver of bliss. He is full of bliss. He is the creator of all the worlds.
20. He is the universal form. He is the master of the universes. He enchants all the universes. He is handsome and fair. He is Lord Govinda Himself. He delights the devotees' hearts
21. He delights the eyes. He delights the devotees. He robs the devotees' hearts. He delights the devotees' hearts.
22. He enjoys pastimes in Nadiya. He is Lord Hari Himself, Lord Hari who charms the gopis. He is the moon of the brahmanas. He is the most worshipable of all brahmanas.
23. He is the greatest poet. He is a treasure of glory and handsomeness. He delights the eyes. O Lord, this one time please place Your glorious feet in my heart.
24. He is ausopicious and glorious. He delights the people. He is the greatest hero.
25. He fulfilled King Prataparudra's desire. He always accepts the advice given by Svarupa Damodara and other trusted devotees.
26. He is the best of all avataras. He is the abode of compassion. He is the most generous. O Lord, please protect me.
27. His holy names are limitless. His glories are limitless. Neither Lord Ananta nor any other deva can see the limits of His glories.
28. O Lord Gauranga, please place Your sweet holy names in my heart. In the Kali-yuga there is no shelter but You.
29. Please know for certain that Lord Gaura is the same as His name. The Lord is always manifest whenever His holy name is spoken.
30. The name Gaura and the name Hari are one. This is the statement of Shrimad-Bhagavatam and the devotees. Their words are never untrue.
31. O my heart, please chant these holy names of the Lord. Then you will throw sins and sufferings far away. Then you will attain the treasure of ecstatic spiritual love.
32. The name Gaura and the name Krishna are both very, very sweet. Anyone who always tastes the nectar of these holy names is very wise.
33. Lord Shiva and the other demigods always sing these holy names. How will a person cheated of these holy names be saved?
34. Anyone who chants these 108 holy names will easily attain Lord Chaitanya's feet.
35. Anyone who hears these 108 holy names always satisfies Shaci's son.
36. Taking shelter of the feet of Shri Jahnava and Ramacandra dasa, Shacinandana dasa sings these 108 holy names.
Song 172 (Dhanashi-raga)
1. bhadra-krishna-ashöamite debaki-udare
janmilena krishnacandra shri-mathura-pure
2. shishu-rupe alo kare kara andhakare
mathuraya deba-gana pushpa-brishöi kare
3. vasudeba thu-ila niya nanda-ghoshera ghare
nandera alaye krishna dina dina bade
4. nanda-ghosha thu-ila nama shri-nanda-nandana
yashoda rakhilena nama yadu bacha-dhana
5. upananda nama rakhe sundara gopala
braja-balaka nama rakhe öhakura rakhala
6. subala rakhila nama öhakura kana-i
shridama rakhila nama rakhala raja bha-i
7. nani-cora nama rakhe yateka gopini
kelesona nama rakhe radha-binodini
8. kubaja rakhila nama patita-pabana hari
candrabali thu-ila nama mohana bamshi-dhari
9. ananta rakhila nama anta na pa-iya
krishna-nama rakhe garga dhyanete janiya
10. kanva-muni nama rakhe deba cakra-pani
bana-mali nama rakhe banera harini
11. gaja-hasti nama rakhe shri-madhusudana
ajamila nama rakhe deba narayana
12. purandara nama rakhena deba shri-gobinda
kunti-debi rakhe nama pandaba-ananda
13. draupadi rakhila nama deba dina-bandhu
papi tapi rakhe nama karunara sindhu
14. sudama rakhila nama daridrya-bhanjana
braja-basi nama rakhe brajera jibana
15. darpa-hari nama rakhe arjuna su-dhira
pashupati nama rakhe khaga-raja-bira
16. yudhishöhira nama rakhe deba yadu-bara
bidura rakhila nama kangalera öhakura
17. basuki rakhila nama deba srishöi-sthiti
dhrubaloke nama rakhe dhrubera sarathi
18. narada rakhila nama bhakta-prana-dhana
bhishmadeba nama rakhe lakshmi-narayana
19. satyabhama nama rakhe satyera sarathi
jambubati nama rakhe deba yuddha-pati
20. bishwamitra nama rakhe samsarera sara
ahalya rakhila nama pashana-uddhara
21. bhrigu-muni nama rakhe jagatera hari
panca-mukhe rama-nama jape tripurari
22. kunja-keshi nama rakhe bali sadacari
prahlada rakhila nama nrisimha murari
23. daityari dwaraka-natha daridrya-bhanjana
dayamaya draupadira lajja-nibarana
24. swarupe sabhaya haya golokete sthiti
baikunöhe kshirodakashayi kamalara pati
25. rasamya rasika nagara anupama
nikunja-bihari hari naba-ghana-shyama
26. shalagrama damodara shri-pati shri-dhara
taraka-brahma sanatana parama ishwara
27. kalpa-taru kamala-locana hrishikesha
patita-pabana guru jnana-upadesha
28. cintamani catur-bhuja deba cakra-pani
dina-bandhu debaki-nandana yadu-mani
29. ananta krishnera nama ananta mahima
naradadi byasadeba dite nare sima
30. nama bhaja nama cinta nama kara sara
ananta krishnera nama mahima apara
31. shankha-bhari subarna go-koöi kare dana
tathapi na haya krishna-namera samana
32. ye-i nama se-i krishna bhaja nishöha kari
namera sahita achena apani shri-hari
33. brahma adi deba yare dhyane nahi paya
ye hari bancita haile ki habe upaya
34. hiranyakashipura udara-bidarana
prahlade karila raksha deba narayana
35. balira chailte prabhu ha-ila bamana
draupadira lajja hari kaila nibarana
36. ashöottara-shata nama ye kare paöhana
anayase paya radha-krishnera carana
37. bhakta-bancha purna kara nandera nandana
mathuraya kamsa-dhwamsa lankaya rabana
38. bakasura badha adi kaliya-damana
dwija hari-dasa kahe nama-sankirtana
1. In the month of Bhadra, during the eighth night of the krishna-paksha, in the toen of Shri Mathura-pura, Lored Krishnacandra was born from Devaki's womb.
2. The effulgent new-born infant lit up the darkness in the prison cell. The demigods came to Mathura and showered flowers upon Him.
3. Vasudeva took the infant and brought Him to Nanda's home in Vraja. At Nanda's home, the child grew day by day.
4. At Nanda's home the child became known as Nanda's son. Yashoda called the child her charming treasure.
5. Upananda called the child Sundara Gopala (handsome cowherd boy). The children of Vraja called the Lord Rakhala (the protector).
6. Subala called the Lord Kana-i (Krishna). Shridama called the Lord Raja (king) and Bha-i (brother).
7. The gopis called the boy Navanita-cora (butter thief). Radha's playful friends called Him Kelesona (dark treasure).
8. Kubja called Him Patita-pavana (the purifier of the fallen) and Hari (He who takes away the devotees' sufferings). Candravali called Him Mohana (charming) and Vamshi-dhari (He who holds a flute).
9. She also called Him Ananta (endless). Rapt in meditation, Garga Muni named the boy Krishna.
10. Kanva Muni gave the boy the names Deva (Lord) and cakra-pani (He who holds the cakra in His hand). The does in the forest named Him Vana-mali (He who wears a garland of forest flowers).
11. Gajendra called Him by the name Shri Madhusudana (the killer of Madhu). Ajamila called the Lord by the name Narayana.
12. Indra called Him by the name Shri Govinda. Kunti-devi called Him by thr name Pandavananda (the bliss of the Pandavas).
13. Draupadi called the lord by the name Dina-bandhu (friend of the poor). The anguished sinners called Him by the name Karuna-sindhu (ocean of mercy).
14. Sudama Brahmana called HIm by the name Daridrya-bhanjana (He who breaks poverty into pieces). The people of Vraja called Him by the name Vraja-jivana (the life of Vraja).
15. Saintly Arjuna called Him Darpa-hari (the remover of pride). Lord Shiva called Him Khaga-raja-vira (the hero-king of the demigods).
16. Yudhishöhira called HIm Yadu-vara (the best of the Yadus). Vidura called Him Kangala-öhakura (the Lord of the beggars).
17. Vasuki called the Lord Srishöi-sthiti (the creator and maintainer). The people of Dhruvaloka called the Lord by the name Dhruva-sarathi (Dhruva's chariot-driver).
18. Narada called the Lord by the name Bhakta-prana-dhana (the devotees' life-treasure). Bhishmadeva called the Lord by the name Lakshmi-Narayana.
19. Satyabhama called Him by the name Satya-sarathi (Satyabhama's chariot-driver). Jambavati called the Lord by the name Yuddha-pati (the master of battle).
20. Vishvamitra called Him by the name Samsara-sara (the best in all the worlds). Ahalya called Him by ther name Pashana-uddhara (He who delivered Ahalya from stone).
21. Bhrigu Muni called Him by the name Jagad-dhari (the savior of the worlds). With his five mouths Lord Shiva chants the Lord's name Rama.
22. Saintly Bali called Him by the name Kunja-keshi. Shri Prahlada called HIm by ther names Nrisimha and Murari.
23. The Lord was also called by the names Daityari (enemy of the demons), Dvaraka-natha (Lord of Dvaraka), Daridrya-bhanjana (He who breaks poverty into pices), Dayamaya (merciful), and Draupadi-lajja-nivarana (He who removed Draupadi's shame).
24. In the world of Goloka the Lord manifests His original form. In the world of Vaikunöha He is known as Kshirodakashayi (He who reclines on the ocean of milk) and Kamala-pati (Lakshmi's husband).
25. The Lord is also called by thr names Rasamaya (filled with nectar), rasika (expert at tasting nectar), Nagara (hero), Anupama (peerless), Nikunja-vihari (He who enjoys pastimes in the forest groves), Hari (He who removes all that is inauspicious), and Nava-ghana-shyama (He who is dark like a new raincloud).
26. The Lord is also known by the names Shalagrama (He who is manifest as the Shalagrama-shila), Damodara (He whose waist was bound by a rope), Shri-pati and Shri-dhara (the husband of the goddess of fortune), Taraka-brahma (the deliverer), Sanatana (eternal), and Parameshvara (the supreme controller).
27. He Lord is also known by the names Kalpa-taru (a kalpa-taru tree), Kamala-locana (lotus-eyed), Hrishikesha (the master of the senses), Patita-pavana (the purifier of the fallen), Guru (the original spiritual master), and Jnanopadesha (the original teacher).
28. The Lord is also known by the names Cintamani (a cintamani jewel), Catur-bhuja (four-armed), Cakra-pani (He who holds a cakra in His hand), Dina-bandhu (the friend of the poor). Devaki-nandana (Devaki's son), and Yadu-mani (the jewel of the Yadus.
29. Lord Krishna's names are endless. His glories are endless. Neither Narada, Vyasa, nor any of the sages know the end of Lord Krishna's names and glories.
30. Therefore please chant Lord Krishna's holy names. Meditate on them. Think of Lord Krishna's names as most precious and valuable. Lord Krishna's names names are endless. The ocean of Lord Krishna;s glories has no shore.
31. One may give in charity ten million cows and a billion bharas of gold. But still that is not equal to chanting Lord Krishna's holy name.
32. Please worship Lord Krishna with faith. Lord Krishna is the same as His name. When His holy name is uttered, Lord Krishna is personally present.
33. Rapt in meditation, Brahma and the demigods cannot see Lord Krishna. If Lord Krishna wishes to cheat someone, what remedy exists to counteract His cheating?
34. Ripping up Kiranyakashipu's belly, Lord Narayana rescued Prahlada.
35. To cheat Maharaja Bali, Lord Krishna manifested the form of Vamana. Lord Krishna removed Draupadi's shame.
36. Anyone who chants these 108 holy names easily attains the feet of Shri Shri Radha and Krishna.
37. Nanda's son fulfills the devotee's desires. In Mathura He killed Kamsa. In Lanka He killed Ravana.
38. He killed Bakasura and host of demons. He defeated Kaliya. The brahmana Hari dasa sings this song of Lord Krishna's holy names.