|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Narottama dasa Thakura > Gauranga Karuna Koro|
Gauranga Karuna Koro
“Be Merciful Lord Gauranga”
gauranga karuna koro, dina hina jane
mo-samo patita prabhu, nahi tri-bhuvane
gauranga—O my dear Lord Gauranga; karuna koro—please show Your mercy; dina hina jane—to this fallen and destitute soul; mo-samo—like myself; patita—fallen; prabhu—O Lord!; nahi—there is not; tri-bhuvane—in the three worlds.
1) O my dear Lord Gauranga! Please show Your mercy to this lowly and destitute soul. O Lord! There is no one more fallen than myself in all the three worlds.
dante trina dhori’ gaura, daki he tomar
kripa kori’ eso amar, hridoya mandire
dante—between my teeth; trina dhori’—holding grass; gaura—O Lord Gaura!; daki—I am calling out; he—O!; tomar kripa—Your mercy; kori’—showing; eso—please come; amar—my; hridoya mandire—into the temple of the heart.
2) Holding grass between my teeth, O Lord Gaura, I am calling out to You now! Please be compassionate upon me and come to reside within the temple of my heart.
jadi doya na koribe, patita dekhiya
patita pavana nama, kisera lagiya
jadi—if; doya—mercy; na koribe—You do not give; patita—fallen; dekhiya—seeing; patita pavana—savior of the fallen; nama—the name; kisera lagiya—why are You known.
3) If You do not give Your mercy, seeing how fallen I am, then why are You known as Patita Pavana—the merciful Savior of the fallen?
podeci bhava tuphane, nahika nistar
shri carana tarani dane, dase koro par
podeci—I have fallen; bhava tuphane—in the hurricane of this material world; nahika nistar—there is no escape; shri carana—divine lotus feet; tarani—compared to a boat; dane—by the gift; dase—to Your servant; koro par—make cross over.
4) I am plunged amidst the violent hurricane-stricken waves in the ocean of this material world, from which there is no escape. Kindly give me the gift of Your divine lotus feet, which are compared to a boat in which Your servant may cross over the ocean of birth and death.
shri krishna chaitanya prabhu, daser anudas
prarthana koraye sada, narottam das
shri krishna chaitanya prabhu—Lord Shri Krishna Chaitanya Prabhu; daser anudas—servant of the servant; prarthana koraye—makes this prayer; sada—always; narottam das—Narottama Dasa.
5) Narottama Dasa, the servant of the servant of Shri Krishna Chaitanya Prabhu, ceaselessly makes this prayer.