|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Bhaktivinoda Thakura > Sharanagati by Thakura Bhaktivinoda > XII|
1. What-so-ever is meant by the words "I" and "Mine",
Merciful Lord, at Thy Feet I lay.
2. Lord, myself am no longer mine,
Even now I become solely Thine.
3. The jiva inhabiting this body with the word "I" gives up
And forthwith the pride of being Thine takes possession
of the heart.
4. My all - body, home and followers,
Brothers, friends, wife, son, chattels, way, house -
5. All these now are Thine and myself Thy servant,
I am now a mere occupant in Thy house.
6. Thou art the owner of the house, I obey Thy bidding.
Thy pleasure is now my only endeavour.
7. My virtues and defects of the gross and subtle body
Are now no longer mine, I am redeemed.
8. To Thy will my will is sub-joined;
Bhaktivinode from this day forgets himself.