|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Bhaktivinoda Thakura > Sharanagati by Thakura Bhaktivinoda > III|
1. In pleasures of learning I spent the time
in highest confidence;
I never served Thy Feet;
Thou art the Refuge now.
2. As intently my studies I pursued Hope increased;
Knowledge was the path, I thought.
The hope was unfulfilled The Knowledge proved weak
That knowledge was ignorance, I now know.
3. All worldly knowledge Is treasure of Maya.
Thy service it obstructs;
Breeding attachment for this transitory world
It makes an ass of jiva.
4. Turned such an ass, The load of the world
On my back I carried long;
In old age, For want of power to enjoy;
Nothing now pleases me.
5. Life is become Misery now;
The knowledge has proved untrue;
The torment of untruth Has grown intolerable;
The learning is now the pointed shaft.
6. Except Thy Feet there is no other treasure
in the world;
Bhaktivinode, Quitting his hold of worldly knowledge
Now only values Thy Feet.