|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Bhaktivinoda Thakura > Sharanagati by Thakura Bhaktivinoda > II|
1. Forgetting thyself, coming into this world,
Having suffered manifold pain,
At Thy Feet have I come,
Thee I shall tell my sorrows:
2. In mother's womb while I lay
in the deadly fetters of bondage,
For once, Oh Lord, showing Thyself to me
Didst Thou abandon Thy poor servant,
3. Then thought I: "after I have birth,
I shall worship Thee,"
I was born but fallen into the meshes of Maya
There was not a particle of knowledge.
4. A fondled child in the lap of kindred,
Laughingly I passed the time.
The affection of the father and other made me forget,
This world did taste sweet.
5. By slow degrees day by day, growing up as a boy
With the other boys did I play.
In a few more days the power of understanding
I conned my lessons night and day.
6. In the pride of learning I journeyed to many a place,
Supporting Kindred with all my heart,
Hari, Thee I forgot.
7. Now in old age Bhakitivinode,
Crying feels so sad,
Not worshipping Thee the days passed in vain,
What help is there now ?