|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Bhaktivinoda Thakura > Sharanagati Surrendered to the Lord Shelter > Vijnapti|
kabe ha’be bolo se-dina amar
(amar) aparadha ghuci’, shuddha name ruci,
kripa-bale ha’be hridoye sancar
1) Please tell me, when oh when will that day be mine? My offenses will come to an end, and a taste for the pure holy name will be infused within my heart by the power of divine grace.
trinadhika hina, kabe nije mani’,
sahishnuta-guna hridoyete ani’
sakale manada, apani amani,
hoye aswadibo nama-rasa-sar
2) Feeling myself lower than a blade of grass, welcoming the quality of forbearance into my heart, giving honor to all living beings, and being freed from false pride, when will I taste the essence of the liquid nectar of the holy name?xxxii*
dhana jana ara, kavita-sundari,
bolibo na cahi deho-sukha-kari
janme janme dao, ohe gaurahari!
ahaituki bhakti carane tomar
3) Wealth, followers, beautiful women as described in worldly poetry—I do not want any such bodily pleasures. O Lord Gaurahari! Please give me unmotivated devotion to Your lotus feet birth after birth.xxxiii*
(kabe) korite shri-krishna- nama uccarana,
pulakita deho gadgada vacana
vaivarnya-vepathu, ha’be samghatana,
nirantara netre ba’be ashru-dhar
4) When, while articulating the divine name of Shri Krishna, will my body be thrilled in ecstatic rapture, my words choking with emotion, loss of color and ecstatic trembling occuring, and streams of tears flowing constantly from my eyes?
kabe navadwipe, suradhuni-tate,
gaura-nityananda boli’ nishkapate
naciya gaiya, bedaibo chute,
batulera praya chadiya vicar
5) When, in the land of Navadvipa, on the banks of the celestial Ganga, will I run about innocently calling out, “O Gaura! O Nityananda!”? Dancing and singing, I will wander about like a madman, giving up all consideration of proper social behavior.
kabe nityananda, more kori’ doya,
chadaibe mora vishayera maya
diya more nija- caranera chaya,
namera hatete dibe adhikar
6) When will Lord Nityananda be merciful to me and release me from the illusion of worldliness? When will He give me the shade of His own lotus feet and bestow upon me the qualification necessary to enter the Marketplace of the Holy Name?xxxiv*
kinibo, lutibo, hari-nama-rasa,
nama-rase mati’ hoibo vivasha
rasera rasika- carana parasha,
koriya mojibo rase anibar
7) Somehow or other I shall buy or steal the mellows of the name of Lord Hari. Becoming thoroughly intoxicated by those liquid mellows, I will be stunned. By touching the feet of those great souls who are expert in relishing those mellows, I will be constantly immersed in the sweet nectar of the holy name.
kabe jive doya, hoibe udoya,
nija-sukha bhuli’ sudina-hridoya
bhakativinoda, koriya vinoya,
shri-ajna-tahala koribe pracar
8) When will there be an awakening in me of compassion for all fallen souls? Then this Bhaktivinoda will forget his own happiness, and with a meek heart he will set out to propagate by humble solicitation the sacred order of Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu