|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Bhaktivinoda Thakura > Sharanagati Surrendered to the Lord Shelter > Fourth Principle of Surrender|
Fourth Principle of Surrender:`Avashya Rakshibe Krishna’—Vishvasa, Palana
Faith in Krishna as Protector
- Four Songs -
ekhona bujhinu prabhu! tomara carana
1) Now I have understood, O Lord, that Your feet are eternally full of sweet nectar that dispels all sorrow and fear.viii*
sakala chadiya tuwa carana-kamale
podiyachi ami natha! tava pada-tale
2) Surrendering myself and all I possess unto those lotus feet, I have laid myself down submissively under their shelter.
tava pada-padma nath! rokhibe amare
ar rakha-karta nahi e bhava-samsare
3) Your lotus feet, O Lord, will certainly shelter me. There are no other protectors in this world of birth and death.
ami tava nitya-dasa—janinu e-bara
amara palana-bhara ekhona tomara
4) At last I know myself to be Your eternal servant. Now the burden of my maintenance is exclusively Yours.
bado duhkha paiyachi swatantra jivane
duhkha dure gelo o pada-varane
5) In my life of independence from You, I have experienced nothing but misery. But now, upon accepting those feet of Yours, all my miseries have been cast far away.
je-pada lagiya rama tapasya korila
je-pada paiya shiva shivatwa lobhila
6) Desiring a place at Your lotus feet the goddess of fortune performed difficult austerities. Only after receiving Your feet did Lord Shiva attain his shivatva, or quality of auspiciousness.
je-pada labhiya brahma kritartha hoila
je-pada narada muni hridoye dhorila
7) Upon obtaining Your feet Lord Brahma had his desires fulfilled. Your feet are always held by the great sage Narada Muni within his heart.
sei se abhoya pada shirete dhoriya
parama-anande naci pada-guna gaiya
8) I now hold on my head those very same lotus feet, which drive away all fear, while I dance in great ecstasy, singing their glories.
samsara-vipada ho’te avashya uddhar
bhakativinoda, o-pada koribe tomar
9) Your lotus feet will surely deliver Bhaktivinoda from the dangerous perils of this worldly journey.
tumi to’ maribe jare, ke tare rakhite pare,
brahma-adi deva-gana, tava dasa aganana,
kore tava ajnara palan
1) If You wish to slay someone, then who could possibly protect them? The three worlds are subservient to Your will. The demigods headed by Lord Brahma are Your countless servants who stand ready to execute Your command.
tava iccha-mate jata, graha-gana avirata,
shubhashubha phala kore dan
roga-shoka-mriti-bhoy, tava iccha-mate hoy,
tava ajna sada balavan
2) By Your will the planets incessantly exercise their auspicious or inauspicious influences. Illness, grief, death, and fear occur by Your will. Your command is all-powerful.
tava bhoye vayu boy, candra surya samudoy,
swa-swa niyamita karya kore
tumi to’ parameshwar, para-brahma paratpar,
tava basa bhakata-antare
3) In fear of You the wind blows, the sun and moon rise and set, all performing their regulated tasks. You are the Supreme Lord, the ultimate spirit, transcendentally situated beyond even the beyond. Your residence is in the heart of Your loving devotee.
sada-shuddha siddha-kama, `bhakata-vatsala’ nama,
tumi to’ rakhibe jare, ke tare marite pare,
sakala vidhira vidhi tumi
4) You are eternally pure. All Your desires are already fulfilled. Your name is Bhakta-vatsala, for You are the eternally affectionate Lord of Your dear devotees. If You wish to protect someone, then who could possibly slay them? You are the law of all laws.
tomara carane natha! koriyache pranipata,
bhakativinoda tava das
vipada hoite swami! avashya tahare tumi,
rakshibe,—tahara e vishvas
5) Your servant Bhaktivinoda has bowed down submissively at Your lotus feet, O Lord! He cherishes the faith, O master, that You will surely protect him from all dangers.
atma-samarpane gela abhiman
nahi korobun nija rakha-vidhan
1) Surrendering my soul unto You has lifted from me the burden of false pride. No longer will I try to provide for my own safety.
tuwa dhana jani’ tuhun rakhobi, nath!
palya godhana jnana kori’ tuwa sath
2) I know that You will give protection to Your treasured possessions, O Lord. I now understand the mentality of Your treasured cows safely maintained by Your side.
caraobi madhava! jamuna-tire
bamshi bajaoto dakobi dhire
3) When You lead Your herds to pasture, O Madhava, on the banks of the Yamuna river, You will call to them by softly playing on Your flute.
agha-baka marato rakha-vidhan
korobi sada tuhun gokula-kan!
4) By slaying great demons such as Aghasura and Bakasura You will always provide full protection, O Kan of the cowherd settlement!
rakha korobi tuhun nishcoy jani
pana korobun hama jamuna-pani
5) Fearless and confident of Your protection, I will drink the water of the Yamuna.
kaliya-dokha korobi vinasha
shodhobi nadi-jala, badaobi asha
6) The Kaliya serpent’s venom poisoned the Yamuna’s waters, yet that poison will be vanquished. You will purify the Yamuna, and by such heroic deeds enhance our faith.
piyato davanala rakhobi mo’y
`gopala’, `govinda’ nama tava hoy
7) You will surely protect me by swallowing the forest fire. Thus You are called Gopala (protector of the cows) and Govinda (pleaser of the cows).
rakhobi varshane, giri-vara-dhari!
8) In order to curb the malice of Indra, king of the demigods, You will protect me from his torrents of rain, O lifter of the mighty Govardhana Hill!
catur-anana korabo jab cori
rakha korobi mujhe, gokula-hari!
9) When the four-headed Brahma abducts me along with Your cowherd boyfriends and calves, then also You will surely protect me, O Gokula Hari!
rakhobi keshava! korato jatan
10) Bhaktivinoda is now the property of Gokula, Your holy abode. O Keshava! Kindly protect him with gentle loving care.
kinkori hoilun aji, kan!
1) I give up the vanity of the error that I am a male. Today I have become Your faithful maidservant, O Kana!
sevana korobun, radha-nath!
2) In the groves of Vraja I will render personal service as a follower of one of the confidential sakhis, O Lord of Radha!
kusume ganthobun har
3) I will string together a garland of forest flowers, in which tulasi buds shall be the jewelled pendants.
jatane deobun sakhi-kare
hate laobo sakhi adare
4) With utmost care I will place the garland in the hands of my superior sakhi, and she will take it out of my hands with loving regard.
sakhi dibo tuwa duhuk gale
durato herobun kutuhale
5) Then she will place the garland around both of Your necks, while from afar I watch in wonder.
sakhi kahabo,—“shuno sundari!
rahobi kunje mama kinkori
6) The confidante will then say to me, “Listen, O beautiful one, you shall remain in this grove as my attendant.
ganthobi mala mano-harini
7) “Daily you will string together beautiful flower garlands that will enchant Radha and Krishna.
tuwa rakhana-bhara hamara
mama kunja-kutira tohara
8) “The responsibility for your maintenance is mine. My cottage in this grove is yours.
rahobi hamara antarale
9) “When the time comes for me to go and serve Radha and Madhava, you will stay close to me while remaining hidden.
tambula saji’ karpura ani’
deobi moe apana jani’ ”
10) “After dressing packets of betel nuts and fetching the camphor, you will hand them to me, knowing me to be your very own.”
bhakativinoda shuni’ bat
sakhi-pade kare pranipat
11) Bhaktivinoda, having heard all these instructions, bows down at the lotus feet of that confidential sakhi.