|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Bhaktivinoda Thakura > Sharanagati > Bhakti Anukula-matra Karyere Svikara|
(Bhakti-anukula-matra Karyera Svikara, acceptance of activities favorable to pure devotion, 4 songs)
(1)1.)tuva-bhakti-anukula je-je karja joy
parama-jatane taha koribo niscoy
I will surely execute with utmost care those activities favorable to Your pure devotional service.
2) bhakti-anukula jato bisaya somsare
koribo tahate rati indriyera dware
I will feel fondness for those things in this world which are conductive to pure devotion, and with my senses I will engage them in Your service.
3) sunibo tomara katha jatana koriya
dekhibo tomara dhama nayana bhoriya
I will carefully listen to all discussions concerning You, and the satisfaction of my eyes will be to behold Your divine abode.
4)tomara prasade deho koribo posan
naibedya-tulasi-ghrana koribo grahan
I will nourish my body with the sacred remnants of Your food and smell the sweet scent of tulasi leaves adorning those offerings.
5) kara-dwara koribo tomara seba sada
tomara basoti-sthale boshibo sarbada
With my hands I will always execute Your service, and I will forever dwell at that place where You abide.
6) tomara sebaya kama niyoga koribo
tomara bidvesi-jane krodha dekhaibo
I will employ my desires in Your devotional service and show anger to those who are envious of You.
7) ei-rupe sarba-brtti ara sarba-bhav
tuwa anukula hoye labhuka prabhav
In this way may all of my propensities and emotions obtain dignity and glory by being favorable to You.
8) tuwa bhakta-anukula jaha jaha kori
tuwa bhakti-anukula boli’ taha dhori
I will consider as favorable to Your devotional service anything I do which is favorable to Your devotee.
9) bhakativinoda nahi jane dharmadharma
bhakti-anukula tara hau saba karma
Bhaktivinoda knows neither religion nor irreligion. He simply prays that all his activities be conductive for pure devotion to You.
(2) 1. godruma-dhame bhajana-anukule
2. tahi maha surabhi-kunja-kutire
baithobun hama sura-tatini-tire
3. gaura-bhakata-priya-besa dadhana
4. campaka, bakula, kadamba, tamal
ropato niramibo kunja bisal
5. madhabi malati uthabun tahe
chaya-mandapa korobun tahi mahe
6. ropobun tatra kusuma-bana-raji
juthi, jati, malli birajabo saji
7. mance boshaobun tulasi-maharani
kirtana-sajja tahi rakhabo ani
8. baisnaba-jana-saha gaobun nam
jaya godruma jaya gaura ki dham
9. bhakativinoda bhakti-anukul
jaya kunja munja, sura-nadi-kul
1-2) On the banks of the celestial Ganges River I will dwell in a cottage at Surabhi-kunj in Godruma-dhama. This land of Godruma is very conductive for performing devotional worship of the Supreme Lord and is nondifferent from the sacred place called Nandagram, located in the holy district of Mathura.
3-4) I will put on the garb that is dear to the devotees of Lord Gaurasundara and wear the twelve Vaishnava tilaka markings on my body and beautiful beads of tulasi wood around my neck. Then, by planting flowering trees like Campaka, Bakula, Kadamba, and Tamala, I will make an extensive grove by my cottage.
5) I will put madhavi and malati creepers on the trees and in this way make a shady bower.
6) I will sow a variety of flowering forests and different kinds of jasmine like yuthi, jati and malli. All these will be present there, arrayed in a charming fashion.
7) I will install the empress tulasi on an elevated throne on the terrace, then procure all necessary paraphernalia for having kirtana, such as mrdanga drums, karatalas (hand cymbals), and gongs, and place them there.
(3) 1.suddha-bhakata- carana-renu
2. madhaba-tithi, bhakti-janani
jatane palana kori
krishna-basoti basoti boli
parama adare bori
3. gaur amara, je-saba sthane,
koralo bhramana range
se-saba sthana, heribo ami,
4. mrdanga-badya, sunite mana,
abasara saba jace
gaura-bihita, kirtana suni,
anande hrdoya nace
5. jugala-murti, dekhiya mora,
prasada-seba korite hoya
sakala prapance jaya
6. je-dina grhe, bhajana dekhi,
grhete goloka bhaya
carana-sindu, dekhiya ganga,
sukha na sima paya
7. tulasi dekhi, juraya prana
jibana sarthaka mani
8. bhakativinoda, krishna-bhajane,
anukula paya jaha
swikara karaye taha
1. Dust from the lotus feet of pure devotees is conductive to devotional service, whilee service to the Vaishnavas is itself the supreme perfection and the root o the tender creeper of divine love.
2. I observe with great care the holy days like Ekadashi and Janmastami, for they are the mother of devotion. As my dwelling place I choose with the greatest of reverence and love the transcendental abode of Shri Krishna.
3. All those places where my Lord Gaurasundara traveled for pastimes I will visit in the company of loving devotees.
4. My mind always begs for the opportunity to hear the music of the mrdanga. Upon hearing the kind of kirtana ordained by Lord Gaurasundara, my heart dances in ecstasy.
5. Beholding the Deity forms of the Divine Couple, Shri Shri Radha-Krishna, I feel the greatest joy. By honoring the Lord’s prasada, I conquer over all worldly illusions.
6. Goloka Vrndavana appears in my home whenever I see the worship and servicee of Lord Hari taking place there. When I see the Ganges, that river of nectar emanating from the lotus feet of the Lord, my happiness knows no bounds.
7. The sight of the holy tulasi tree soothes my soul, for I know she gives pleasure to Lord Krishna. By honoring sak, a great favorite of Lord Chaitanya’s, I consider life worthwhile.
8. Whatever Bhaktivinoda obrains that is conducive for the service of Shri Krishna he accepts every day with greatest joy.
(4) 1. radha-kunda-tata-kunja-kutir
2. kusuma-sarobara, manasa-ganga
3. bamsi-bata, gokula, dhira-samir
4. khaga-mrga-kula, malaya-batas
mayura, bhramara, murali-bilas
5. benu, srnga, pada-cihna, megha-mala
basanta, sasanka, sankha, karatala
6. jugala-bilase anukula jani
7. e-saba chorato kanhi nahi jau
e-saba chorato parana harau
8. bhakativinoda kahe, suno kan!
tuwa uddipaka, hamara paran
1-6) The cottage in the grove on the banks of Radha-kunda, the great Govardhana Hill, the banks of the Yamuna, Kusuma-sarovara, Manasa-ganga, the daughter of Kalinda (the Yamuna) with her many waves, the Vamsi-vat, Gokula, Dhira-samira, the trees and creepers and reeds of Vrdavana, the different varieties of colorful birds, the deer, the cooling breeze from the Malaya Mountains, the peacocks, the bumblebees, the pastimes with the flute, the flute itself, the buffalo horn bugle, the footprints of cows in the dust of Vraja, the rows of blackish rainclouds, springtime, the moon, the conchsell, and the karatalas – all these I know to be very conductive for the pastimes of Radha and Krishna. I recognize in them a transcendental stimulus for making the Lord’s charming pastimes more intense.
7. I refuse to go anywhere if there stimuli to devotional service are not there, for to abandon them is to abandon life itself.
8. Bhaktivinoda says, “Please hear me, O Kana! Your entourage and paraphernalia stimulate remembrance of You and are the very sourcee of my life.”