|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Bhaktivinoda Thakura > Gitavali > Gitavali Chps > Patr-V|
Shriman Mahaprabhur Shata-Nama
One Hundred Names of Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu
(refrain) nadiya-nagare nitai nece’ nece’ gay re
(Refrain:) Oh! In the towns and villages of Nadiya, Lord Nityananda ecstatically dances and sings these names of Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu:
jagannatha-suta mahaprabhu vishvambhara
1) Lord Chaitanya is the beloved son of Jagannatha Mishra. He is Mahaprabhu, the great master, and maintainer of the whole world. He is the shining moon of Mayapur, and the source of all nectar for the land of Navadvipa.
shaci-suta gaurahari nimai-sundara
2) He is the beloved son of Shaci Mata, and is Lord Hari with a fair golden complexion. As He was born under a nim tree He was called Nimai-sundara (beautiful Nimai). He is covered by the sentiment and luster of Shrimati Radharani, and He is the best of all dancers.
namananda capala balaka matri-bhakta
brahmanda-vadana tarki kautukanurakta
3) He becomes restless upon hearing the holy names of Lord Hari. In His boyhood pastimes He is swift and agile, and is devoted to His mother. He displays the entire universe within His mouth, is a great logician, and is fond of joking and playing pranks.
vidyarthi-udupa caura-dvayera mohana
4) He is the moon among scholarly students, and He bewildered two thieves who tried to steal His jewels when He was a small child. He is the cynosure of all philosophers, and He teased and joked with the village girls of Nadiya.
lakshmi-prati bora-data uddhata balaka
5) He is the giver of blessings to Lakshmi-priya (His first wife). He is very mischievous as a child, and is the dispeller of the grief Shaci-mata felt after losing her husband Jagannatha and first son Vishvarupa.
6) He is the Lord and husband of Lakshmi-priya. By His sankirtan movement He removed all the distress of East Bengal. He eradicated the pride of the conquering pandita named Keshava Kashmiri, and is the beloved Lord of Vishnu-priya (His second wife).
arya-dharma-pala pitri-gaya pinda-data
7) He is the preserver of sanatana-dharma, and the giver of the pinda oblation at the holy town of Gaya after the disappearance of His father Jagannath Mishra. He became the disciple of Ishvara Puri, and is the protector of the Madhvacarya Sampradaya.
8) He becomes madly intoxicated by tasting the holy name of Krishna, and is the professor of the science of Krishna consciousness. Thus He inaugurated the religion of the age, nama-sankirtan.
nityananda-prana gadadharera jivana
9) He is the friend of Advaita Acarya, the treasure of Shrivasa Thakura’s home, the life and soul of Nityananda Prabhu, and the very source of life for Gadadhara Pandita.
10) He is the moon of Antardvipa, and the triumph of Simantadvipa. He enjoys wandering and frolicking on the island of Godruma, and is the shelter of pastimes in Madhyadvipa.
11) He is the Lord of Koladvipa, the great controller of Ritudvipa, and the creator of Jahnudvipa, Modadrumadvipa, and Rudradvipa.
12) He is thus the Supreme Lord of the nine islands of Navadvipa, which serves as the stage for His wonderful pastimes. He is the life of the River Ganga, and the deliverer of all sorts of rogues and rascals beginning with Jagai and Madhai.
13) He is the lion of the village kirtanas, and the deliverer of Chand Kazi. He is the preacher of the pure holy name, and the remover of the distresses of His devotees.
narayani-kripa-sindhu jivera niyanta
14) He is the ocean of mercy for Narayani (the mother of Shrila Vrindavana dasa Thakura), and is the regulator of all souls. He is the chastiser of the fallen students who criticized His chanting of “gopi! gopi!”, and is the destroyer of the sins of His devotees.
15) He was initiated into sannyasa with the name of Shri Krishna Chaitanya, and He is beautiful like the moon. He delivered His sannyasa-guru Keshava Bharati, is Himself the crest-jewel of all wandering renunciates, and is the savior of the region of Orissa.
16) He is the master of Lord Shiva, who is known in three different Shaiva tirthas as Ambu-linga, Bhuvaneshvara, and Kapoteshvara (visited by Lord Chaitanya on His way to Jagannatha Puri). As a sannyasi He rejoiced at the sight of the Orissan deities Kshira-cora Gopinatha and Sakshi Gopala.
17) He became a sannyasi without a danda (due to Lord Nityananda’s breaking it in three parts and throwing it in the Bhargi River), and is full of mercy for Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya. He is ecstatic by tasting the bliss of Himself in the form of Krishna, and He is the resting place of all universal happiness.
18) He is beautiful like molten gold, and He delivered the leper Vasudeva. He is the intimate friend of Ramananda Ray, and the remover of all miseries from the family of Vyenkata Bhatöa.
19) He is the refuter of the atheistic arguments of the Buddhists, Jains, and Mayavadis. He is the savior of South India, and He has brought to light the two devotional literatures, Krishna-karnamrita and Brahma-samhita.
20) He became ecstatic at the sight of the deity Alalanatha, and He danced in front of the Jagannatha cart during the Ratha-yatra festival. He delivered Gajapati Pratapa-Rudra, and was the savior of Devananda Pandita.
kuliya-prakashe dushöa paduyara trana
21) By His appearance at Kuliya He delivered the ill-behaved student community there. He is the friend of Rupa and Sanatana Goswami, and the life of all souls.
yavana-uddhari bhaööa-ballabhera rangi
22) He is the personification of bliss in the transcendental realm of Vrindavana, and He is the companion and friend of Balabhadra Bhaööacarya. On His return from Vrindavana He delivered many Mohammedans, and He is very fond of intimate exchanges with Vallabha Bhaööa.
23) He delivered the Mayavadi sannyasis of Kashi, and He is the bestower of love of God. He is the chastiser of the false renunciates (called markaöa-vairagis for being like monkeys), and He is the savior of everyone down to the lowest class of men.
bhaktera gaurava-kari bhakta-prana-dhana
24) He is the glorifier of His devotees, and is the treasured wealth of their lives. He is the very life of such devotees as Haridasa Thakura, Raghunatha Dasa Goswami, and Svarupa Damodara.
nadiya-nagare nitai nece’ nece’ gay re
bhakativinoda ta’r pode ranga-pay re
25) Oh! In the towns and villages of Nadiya, Lord Nityananda dances and dances ecstatically while singing these divine names, and Bhaktivinoda falls down at His reddish lotus feet. Oh!
jaya godruma-pati gora
nitai-jivana, advaitera dhana,
1) All glories to Lord Gaura, the master of Godruma! He is the very life of Lord Nityananda, the treasure of Shri Advaita, and He is always overwhelmed with the ecstatic moods of Vrindavana. He is the life-breath of Gadadhara Pandita, the shelter of Shrivasa Pandita, and the thief of the hearts of all the devotees of Lord Krishna.
1) Lord Vishvambhara is the savior of the age of Kali, the full moon in the sky of the hearts of Bengal, the inaugurator of congregational chanting, the bestower of transcendental ecstatic love, the beloved son of Mother Shaci, and He has a pure golden complexion.
krishna-chaitanya advaita prabhu nityananda
gadadhara shrinivasa murari mukunda
1) (Please chant these holy names of the Lord and His personal associates): Krishna-Chaitanya, Advaita, Prabhu Nityananda, Gadadhara, Shrinivasa, Murari, Mukunda, Svarupa, Rupa, Sanatana, Puri, and Ramananda.
Shri Krishnaer Vimshottara-Shata-Nam
One Hundred and Twenty Names of Lord Krishna