|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Bhaktivedanta Prabhupada > Viraha Astaka > Third Octet|
Third Octet -- Practical Chanting and Preaching
1) You instructed everyone you met to chant the holy name of Lord Krishna. You showed the example of continually reciting the maha-mantra into their ears.
2) You empowered everyone with the qualification to further distribute that holy name But now, by the influence of Maya, there is only darkness on all sides.
3) The souls who are truly attached to worshiping the Lord always sing and dance in joyful sankirtana. Following in the footsteps of their spiritual master, they deliver the whole world.
4) But those who have no such qualification perform nirjana bhajana or so-called confidential worship in a solitary place. Thus acting whimsically, all of them actually remain absorbed in personal sense gratification.
5) [As stated in the Shrimad Bhagavatam 10,33,30]: "An ordinary soul should never imitate the activities of the Supreme Lord, even in his mind." According to these instructions in devotional service, the unqualified imitators are ruined.
6) You preached "utility is the principle" - that is, one should act without attachment and use anything that is deemed appropriate in the devotional service of the Lord.
7) In such detached devotional service to Lord Krishna there would be a temple established in every house. But now just the opposite situation is apparent everywhere.
8) O Shrila Prabhupada! You personally suffer to see the suffering of the fallen conditioned souls. On this day of your separation I am utterly despondent.