|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Bhaktivedanta Prabhupada > Viraha Astaka > Sixth Octet|
Sixth Octet -- The Preaching Mission is Scattered
1) "Continue dancing, singing and performing sankirtana in the association of devotees." ( C.C. Adi 7.92) These words spoken by Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu are especially nectarine.
2) If we have complete faith in these instructions given by you, our spiritual master, then in the performance of sankirtana actual love for Krishna will be aroused in us.
3) Without love of God, our tiny intelligence only becomes entangled in the network of Maya's delusions. Because no one actually attained prema, now there has been great upheaval in your mission.
4) The whole world has become filled with impersonalists, and the Vaishnavas have given up the work of preaching that was entrusted unto them and have simply gone off to perform solitary worship.
5) The Vaishnava's were famous as "patita pavana" (deliverers of the falen) but now this title has fallen into disgrace. Countless numbers of your disciples have been forced to leave your movement.
6) At such an inauspicious time, O Master, what can be done to repair the damage that is done? The beautiful garden that you had so carefully planted is now parched and withered away.
7) O Master, please awaken some good intelligence in this insignificant disciple of yours so that my firm faith in your transcendental message may increase more and more.
8) O Shrila Prabhupada! You personally suffer to see the suffering of the fallen conditioned souls. On this day of your separation I am utterly despondent.