|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Bhaktivedanta Prabhupada > Viraha Astaka > Second Octet|
Second Octet -- The Merciful Flood Has Been Stopped
1) Just as Advaita Prabhu had prayed fervently and thus induced Shri Gauranga to descend, so did your father, Bhaktivinoda Thakura, pray for you to incarnate.
2) Due to Bhaktivinoda's eagerness, O Master, you came and proclaimed to everyone that India is the most holy land of the Lord's divine pastimes.
3) "One who has taken birth in this land of Bharata-bhumi (India) should first make his own life successful and then work for the benefit of all other people" (C.C Adi 9.41)
4) This is the most significant message of Lord Chaitanya that you boldly preached everywhere. But now in your absence, O Master, everything has fallen into darkness.
5) The overflowing ocean of your compassion has once again been dammed up. This makes me feel as if a spear of great misery has indeed pierced my heart.
6) Without Chaitanya Mahaprabhu's message being spread there is only confusion and upheaval in the movement. Seeing this situation, all the Vaishnavas are also feeling overwhelmed with the pangs of your separation.
7) The spirit souls have once again been captured by Maya and plunged into absolute darkness. Desperately searching for relief, they are simply perishing in a fathomless ocean of anxiety.
8) O Shrila Prabhupada! You personally suffer to see the suffering of the fallen conditioned souls. On this day of your separation I am utterly despondent.