|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Bhaktivedanta Prabhupada > Viraha Astaka > Fifth Octet|
Fifth Octet -- The Disciple's Empowerment is Lost
1) The greatest mantra of all, consisting of thirty-two letters, is:
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
People who are possessed by gross foolishness refuse to chant it.
2) Your so-called disciple, the jackal named Ananta Vasudeva, disobeyed your final instructions to keep the mission united, and thereby created a scandalous fiasco. The result of this philosophical deviation is evident to this day as imitative sahajiyas are being worshiped as gurus in your temples.
3) Is there a single temple to be found where your instructions are still being followed? As it is said: "punar musiko bhava"- Everyone has "again become a mouse."
4) The lion's food has been stolen away by the deceptive tricks of the jackal. Now caught in Maya's mighty clutches everyone is reduced to wailing and weeping.
5) O Master! If your are merciful to us one again, then even though we are trapped here on the shores of the ocean of death, we will finally behold a change for the better.
6) Then once again we can blissfully remember the holy name of Krishna, and once again we will have firm faith in your "Vaikuntha messages."
7) Once again you will make us dance in the pure holy name of Krishna. Thus you will personally dispel all this confusion caused by Maya.
8) O Shrila Prabhupada! You personally suffer to see the suffering of the fallen conditioned souls. On this day of your separation I am utterly despondent.