|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > About Parampara > Naam Realizations > 03-Mar-05: Realizations|
Title: 03-Mar-05: Realizations
User: Swami Gaurangapada Date: 2005-03-02 22:35:09
(11) These Holy Abodes of Puri and Navadvipa are like the incomparable essences of the ocean of pure love for Lord Gauranga-Krishna, or they are like the sweetest islands which ornament that ocean of pure love. The nectar of these lands of Puri and Navadvipa is relished by the greatest of great sages. I pray that these Holy Abodes of Puri and Navadvipa may give me shelter until the moment when I leave this body. If I die anywhere else outside these two Holy Abodes where the Supreme Lord Gauranga Mahaprabhu performs His eternal pastimes, the whole purpose of devotional service throughout my life will be defeated.
(12) Only two or three exalted souls can properly appreciate or worship these Holy Abodes of Puri and Navadvipa which grant all-auspiciousness and complete transcendental bliss to all who reside within Their boundaries. I, who am spiritually blind, pray to Lord Gambhiranath Navadvipa-chandra, that Puri and Navadvipa become my mothers and protectresses.
(13) My body may be decorated with the garments and ornaments of bodily beauty or it may be wrecked with terrible disease. I may be praised or defamed with millions of words. I may become the master of all wealth, or I may be reduced to abject poverty. I may be free from all suffering, or I may be almost dead with pain. Whatever my condition, I shall always remain close to Lord Tota Gopinatha in Puri Dhama in Whom Lord Gauranga Mahaprabhu merged at the time of His most painful disappearance in the year 1534 AD. May I also breathe my last in this most Holy Temple of Shri Shri Radha Tota Gopinatha where Lord Gauranga, Lord Nityananda and Shri Gadadhara enjoy Their transcendental pastimes!
(14) O friend, you may experience either happiness or distress. You may know fame or infamy. The lowest persons may insult you, or the saintly devotees praise you. You may know poverty or great wealth. You may obtain all valuable things, or you may not obtain anything. Whatever position your past pious or impious deeds may place you in, just make the Holy Abodes of Puri and Navadvipa as your life and soul fully understanding that these two Abodes are the only gateway to enter into the eternal pastimes of Lords Nityananda Gauranga and Shri Shri Radha Krishna in the spiritual world at the end of your life so that you never take birth again in this ghastly and dreadful cycle of birth and death.
(15) O friend, flee from the witch of mundane association, and uproot all desires for material enjoyment. Accept whatever destiny provides for your bodily maintenance, and just reside in the Holy Abodes of Puri and Navadvipa constantly beholding the places where Lord Gauranga Mahaprabhu (Radha and Krishna combined) has peformed His nectarean pastimes. Whatever you are working for now and accumulating is anyway going to be destroyed at the time of death and the only thing which will come with your soul is the chanting and devotional service which you will perform in the most merciful Abodes of Puri and Navadvipa.
Inspiration: The Writings of Shrila Prabodhananda Sarasvati translated by Kushakratha dasa.