|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > About Parampara > Naam Realizations > 02-Mar-05: Realizations|
Title: 02-Mar-05: Realizations
User: Swami Gaurangapada Date: 2005-03-02 17:14:52
(6) If one studies the Upanishads for a very long time he will not obtain even an atomic particle of transcendental sweetness as a result of his dry study. On the other hand, simply by residing in the Holy Abodes of Puri and Navadvipa one will become quickly drowned in a great ocean of transcendental nectar. May those Supreme Abodes of Puri and Navadvipa become manifested within my heart along with the divine Pastimes which eternally Lord Gauranga performs here!
(7) When, patiently tolerating hundreds of kicks, millions of insults, and the constant onslaught of hunger, thirst, cold, heat, and hundreds of other sufferings, penniless, agitated, shedding a great shower of tears, and calling out the Holy Names of Nityananda, Gauranga and Hare Krishna in a piteous voice, will I wander on the shore of the salt-water ocean in Puri Dhama and the banks of the Ganga in Navadvipa Dhama?
(8) Today or tomorrow this worthless material body will leave me and I will lose all the material happiness connected with it. Because this material happiness is temporary, it should be understood to be only a mirage of the real happiness. O my mind, please abandon this false happiness and enjoy the real, eternal happiness of devotional service within the lands of the Holy Abodes of Puri and Navadvipa.
(9) How important are the most powerful earthly kings for us? How important are all the demigods and sages? How important are countless material opulences which come and go like the sceneary in a dream? How important are even the liberated devotees who reside in the spiritual realm of Vaikuntha, for those of us who have made residing in Puri and Navadvipa as our only goal of life?
(10) What is the use of royal pleasures? What is the use of perfecting the yoga-system and travelling to the upper planets? What is the use of the great variety of material endeavors to attain useless ends? These things are insignificant in comparison to residence in Holy Abodes of Puri and Navadvipa. Simply by living in the offenseless Abodes of Puri and Navadvipa, I shall one day be able to hear the sweet sound of Lord Shri Krishna's flute in Vrindavana, which brings the hearer the best of all kinds of transcendental bliss.
Inspiration: The Writings of Shrila Prabodhananda Sarasvati translated by Kushkratha dasa.